Pathsubstitution doesn't work
(2021-03-06, 08:14)wsnipex Wrote: I guess path substitution for SMB works on all platforms that use samba (which is all but windows). It will need a windows dev to take a look, since kodi on windows uses native methods for smb

Path substitute with SMB works fine on windows. I'm not aware of any issues..
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2021-03-05, 21:07)Pico1965 Wrote: I buy a new one and then I have a new source.

That is unrelated to the SMB situation. In Kodi's eyes, that new HDD is indeed a new source when there is no label and only using its *unique* UUID number (when formatted in EXT4). If you were to give the HDD's partition the identical name as the previous one, you probably could get away with it. It's because of the 'rigid' way Kodi handles full paths for every video entry (it's a souvenir from the past). An addon that changes the necessary database entries and source files could help there.
(2021-03-06, 08:51)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-03-06, 08:14)wsnipex Wrote: I guess path substitution for SMB works on all platforms that use samba (which is all but windows). It will need a windows dev to take a look, since kodi on windows uses native methods for smb

Path substitute with SMB works fine on windows. I'm not aware of any issues..
ok, good to know. Could you also test the "local hostname overrides": https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/19040
(2021-03-05, 20:49)Lunatixz Wrote: FYI I've used path substitute for my sources.xml going back to the XBMC days... Works fine!!

So it's on your end!
Thanks for the test.

I also did the test and actually pathsubstitution works with the smb protocol.

The question is:
What's the difference between:
smb://LS220DE444/KodiShares/sources.xml
and
http://my.external.ip/KodiShares/sources.xml

I remember that the second one:
1) is reachable in browser (no firewall problem)
2) work in Kodi 17.6

Any ideas?
(2021-03-06, 09:05)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-03-05, 21:07)Pico1965 Wrote: I buy a new one and then I have a new source.

That is unrelated to the SMB situation.
As I have already explained, the need to use the http protocol for accessing Kodi resources arises from the fact that I sometimes use it from outside the home LAN.
Otherwise SMB would be more than enough (and functional!)
(2021-03-06, 09:05)Klojum Wrote:

In Kodi's eyes, that new HDD is indeed a new source when there is no label and only using its *unique* UUID number (when formatted in EXT4). If you were to give the HDD's partition the identical name as the previous one, you probably could get away with it. It's because of the 'rigid' way Kodi handles full paths for every video entry (it's a souvenir from the past). An addon that changes the necessary database entries and source files could help there.

The HH.DD must necessarily have different labels.
Hindsight how do I combine the film with the HD that contains it?

edit

Or rather ... now that you make me think about it ... it is not necessary at all.
I should have organized myself differently loooong years ago.

The problem never arose precisely because it was brilliantly solved by sharing the sources.xml
(2021-03-06, 11:40)Pico1965 Wrote: Hindsight how do I combine the film with the HD that contains it?

To add films on a different to an existing video library, you will need to add it as a movie source to Kodi.

But do not do a Clean Video Library, or you may loose those movies from a HDD that is not connected at that time.
(2021-03-06, 11:44)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-03-06, 11:40)Pico1965 Wrote: Hindsight how do I combine the film with the HD that contains it?

To add films on a different to an existing video library, you will need to add it as a movie source to Kodi.

But do not do a Clean Video Library, or you may loose those movies from a HDD that is not connected at that time.

I edited the previous post just as you answered me ...

We're going OT but:

Kodi -> Movies ->
Scroll down -> Scroll down -> Scroll down -> Scroll down ->
I want to see it.
But which HD is it in?
Info -> Path --- / mnt / media_rw / disk-by-label / FILMS IN BLURAY - DISC N ° 1 / FILMS IN BLURAY - DISC N ° 1 / Avatar.mkv
which, thanks to the pathsubstitution in windows becomes
V: \ FILMS IN BLURAY - DISCO N ° 1 \ Avatar.mkv

I should have put the FILMS IN BLURAY label on all HH.DD. and adjust with the 1st level container folder.
The next revision of the collection....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pathsubstitution doesn't work0