Solved Audio Crackling Issue
When I am watching a movie or tv show every once in a while the audio will start to crackle for a little bit. It will just randomly start and I know it is not an issue with the video because it happens on all of them and it works fine if I hit stop and then start again. I am running it on the pc that I use for generally everything, not a specialized media server or anything like that. I think I saw some other people having a similar issue on a Linux server or something but the responses were mostly about the actual audio output device. This is not the issue I'm having though because the output device works fine for everything else on the pc. It is only within the Kodi application that I begin to have problems. If anyone has any advice on how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it. I also saw some people asking for a debug log or something so if someone could send me a link on how to get that I will post it.
Where are your movies and tv shows coming from? Local, network or online?

You will need to provide a debug log. Full instructions are in my signature below, but here is a quick guide...

1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem.
  4. Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link back here.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The files I am watching are stored on my hard drive but I think it does it for all files whether they are stored on my computer or not, I'm not 100% sure about that though. I will post the log once I get it.
It didn't make a log file when the problem occurred again which makes me think that maybe it is the output device which is weird because I have only encountered this issue in Kodi and since stopping the video and starting it again fixes it. I'll try to see if I can replicate it outside of Kodi but I'm not sure how long that might take.
Okay, I think that it is a problem with the cable now. I'm going to buy a new one eventually and hopefully, that will fix it. If it doesn't I will post back here again. Thanks for the help!
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Crackling Issue0