• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Ninja Video Plugin
Unbehagen Wrote:Please try the new veohproxy 1.1, released just minutes ago. I implemented some sort of failure tolerance where it tries to resume broken downloads... Please submit bugs regarding the veohproxy script to google code - I'm not reading this forum too often.

Have been playing, seems to work well on pc but still getting issues on xbmc.

I've updated the project page with details and pastebin.
Unbehagen Wrote:Please try the new veohproxy 1.1, released just minutes ago. I implemented some sort of failure tolerance where it tries to resume broken downloads... Please submit bugs regarding the veohproxy script to google code - I'm not reading this forum too often.

Hagen,

I don't have g-mail yet so I'll post this here instead of your code page. Hopefully it'll help in your debugging of the veohproxy. I'm still using the last release "not the one from minutes ago".

I have been using the switch media/copy trick on this plugin and it works like a charm. I was having the same reported issues before I tried it this weekend.
Not sure if this gives you a clue as to where to look in the code. Not too sure if streaming is handled in the same manor if function calls are mutually exclusive or not. Or if this points towards strictly a media player issue.

So for all of you looking for an alternative just to take advantage of this plugin, use switch media/copy then rename the file when it's finished to .avi file type and you'll be able to view the whole file off your HD. Takes roughly 20min ove broadband for a 700MB file, double that for a gig or more. I have my cache set to 14MB by the way if its relevant.

Anyway, we can't thank you here enough but thank you again anyway.

Good luck.

FC
I just uploaded a new version (1.2) which changes the timeout value for the Server. So if XBMC doesn't ask for data for a long time, it doesn't close the connection. I think this is what caused the problems. I tested this on XBMC and was able to watch whole shows with it. I hope this fixes the problems for most users.
Used it and got stream kicked after 3/4'rs of an episode of house. It happened once at the start after about five mnutes but that wasn't a so bad.
It works great. thank for the great script!
Please...could somebody supply a Debug Log of a failed streaming? I cannot reproduce this at all. Everything I'm watching is just fine. Please also mention your xbmc build, bandwidth and cache size. Maybe it has something to do with it.
To create a debug log, put the following into Q:\UserData\AdvancedSettings.xml :
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <loglevel>3</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>
Reboot, play the file. After the stream kicks you out, open the contents of Q:\xbmc.log in an editor and copy&paste it to http://pastebin.ca . That would surely help.
Thanks,
Unbehagen
veohproxy 1.2 is working just fine for me!! Thank you for your releases. I was prepared to paste my log to pastebin but streams are working fine. If i do get some failed streams ill be sure to post log on pastebin. Nod
Hey Unbehagen, I finally got booted after setting up the AdvancedSettings.xml.
Here is the pastebin url: http://pastebin.ca/1038435

It happened while watching an episode of House using the NinjaVideo plug-in, but that's evident from the log.

Good luck with it!
Here's a second log after I got booted again. I didn't reboot my system, so there's a lot of repeated content. There is new stuff at the bottom though. Hope it provides some insight.
http://pastebin.ca/1038444
nicoli_k Wrote:Here's a second log after I got booted again. I didn't reboot my system, so there's a lot of repeated content. There is new stuff at the bottom though. Hope it provides some insight.
http://pastebin.ca/1038444

Thanks. I think you're using an old version though. The content type I can see in the logs is application/x-msvideo . It has changed to video/x-msvideo in version 1.2.
sorry about that. I've got it on my computer and thought that I ftp'd it to my box. I've renamed every veoh proxy to just "veohproxy" and left off the version number which wasn't the best thing to do. I could have accidentally clicked "no" when asked to overwrite the folder. I'll install the 1.2 version without renaming anything and see if I can get it to crash again.
Here's a log from my latest session.

Kicked by Ninja Big Grin

uwer
I REALLY like this plugin. But it's very frustrating that movies just suddenly just stop. I haven't been able to watch a complete movie because of this. I've tried setting my buffer at 1MB, 2MB, 3MB and 4MB. The results are the same. I was just enjoying "The Nines" (recommended by the Ninja Staff). Great movie! But it stopped at 1:08:54 (30 minutes to go) somehow. And there is no skipping or fast forward. To bad Sad

Is there anything I can do to help fix this problem?
I'm using the T3CH build of 01-06-2008.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:there is no skipping or fast forward. To bad Sad

Is there anything I can do to help fix this problem?
I'm using the T3CH build of 01-06-2008.
I just tried "the nines" and it didn't work at all. Other movies work fine for me, I keep my cache around 8-10 MB.

If you use dvdplayer you should be able to fast forward.
uwer Wrote:Here's a log from my latest session.

Kicked by Ninja Big Grin

uwer

Sorry, uwer. It seems to be an error in the stream or something... It doesn't have to be a veohproxy bug, but I can't say for sure. MPlayer doesn't seem to be very resistant to small errors in the stream.
Please try and use DVDPlayer with this and see if this works.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Ninja Video Plugin1