Debian manual compile - input format image/jpg
Looking for some advice. Compiled manually successfully. But when it tries to start it errors with "could not find suitable input format: image/jpg". The code in KODI there uses ffmpeg, and I've confirmed that the ffmpeg package is built and installed with the correct demuxer to support jpeg pipe.

Interestingly, these same build flags for both KODI and ffmpeg work perfect together without an issue on the buildroot toolchain.

Can someone offer some suggestions?
Post your Debug Log

For kodi you need enable-mjpeg in your ffmpeg - in short: if you use kodi and its internal ffmpeg everything will work out of the box.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks! I can confirm Ffmpeg has enable-mjpeg in its flags.
When I'm back at the build env i will grab the log and pastebin it.
To enable the "debug" part of the log, can I just execute with --debug or do I need to update an XML settings file somewhere before running? Obviously I can't use the GUI to enable it, since it won't start. Or is the normal log sufficient, since it shows the image format error.
Just post how you build kodi - one will see the issue right away.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Here's the crash log: https://pastebin.com/UjWCV3tS
Reason is clear.

You build against a non supported old ffmpeg version that is not supported by kodi anymore. Means all the earlier register_all() calls are not there anymore.

For v18 use ffmpeg 4.0.x
For v17 use ffmpeg 3.1

everything else is unsupported.
I'm not sure where it's finding that version it lists in the log, because I'm compiling version 4.0.1 of ffmpeg. Again, same source and same flags work together on buildroot toolchain. Hmm I've never installed the older ffmpeg version the log shows. Where's it looking that up? I've checked and there is no ffmpeg Debian package installed.
Quote:15:04:29.674 T:3986986560  NOTICE: Starting Kodi (18.0-ALPHA3 Git:b7583e36562afa50d7b2fc084dd82cf6074ba3d6). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit
15:04:29.674 T:3986986560  NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x32 build
15:04:29.674 T:3986986560  NOTICE: Kodi compiled Nov  4 2018 by GCC 6.3.0 for Linux ARM 32-bit version 4.9.110 (264558)
15:04:29.674 T:3986986560  NOTICE: Running on Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch), kernel: Linux ARM 64-bit version 4.4.143
15:04:29.674 T:3986986560  NOTICE: FFmpeg version/source: 3.2.12-1~deb9u1
15:04:29.674 T:3986986560  NOTICE: Host CPU: ARMv8 Processor rev 4 (v8l), 4 cores available

No, you don't.
Yes, I do: https://pastebin.com/7B4ddFHp
Whatever you do - the log above is clear.
The log is wrong Wink I just showed that ffmpeg shows its version 4.0.1 by running it at CLI in my pastebin I sent. And I can confirm they work together when used in buildroot. The log also shows it's installed as a Debian package, which also is not correct and never has been on this system. Where is KODI looking up this version it shows in the log? I'll go to that source and check if you can tell me where that 3.2.12-1~deb9u1 is coming from.
So I looked it up myself. Looks like application.cpp calls "av_version_info". So clearly there's another ffmpeg version buried somewhere in my Debian install, even if ffmpeg was installed over it. I'll do some more digging and see what I can find.
I discovered that somehow the following debian packages infested my build: libavcodec-dev libavcodec57 libavdevice-dev libavdevice57 libavfilter-dev libavfilter6 libavformat-dev libavformat57 libavresample-dev libavresample3 libavutil-dev libavutil55

While not listed as ffmpeg, they are what ffmpeg provides. So I have now removed them all, removed and reinstalled the ffmpeg version 4.0.1 from source, and am currently recompiling kodi. Keep you posted Smile Thanks
if it still happens, provide the cmake configure stage output and CMakeCache.txt
Thanks, that resolved the issue. Very strange honestly, especially since version 4.0.1 was installed OVER the debian packages (which I didn't know were there). But I'm all set Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Debian manual compile - input format image/jpg0