Missing most of the genre colors in EPG
Hi
Im running TVHEADEND version 4.2.7-17 as a backend PVR and using xmltv.xmltv.se as a grabber on an Ubunto 18.04 x86 pc and lastest Kodi as a frontend. Even using lastest Kodi for Windows on another pc and Libreelec on a Raspberry PI.
Using standard skin Estuary.

My problem: Some genres in the EPG are not recognized at all, only having DOCUMENTARY, COMEDY and SPORTS (but in Swedish). It just says OTHER/UNKOWN. 
How can I get all channels to get colored? Is it because I have the skin in Swedish? How can I know if the other programs have a genre? I guess it has.

Regards
Niklas
I would think the first thing to do is to check in the program guide in TVH and see what genres are listed under 'content type' on the right.  It may be that your grabber can't get all the genres from the site(s) its scraping from. If they are not all present in TVH, then obviously, Kodi can't show them.

Lots of mine appear to be missing, but I think this is more to do with where I'm scraping my xmltv data from than an issue with either TVH or Kodi.  For instance, looking at the guide for channel CBeebies there are no genres listed for this week, however every program on that channel starting from next Monday (19th) has a genre of 'pre-school children's programs' which is correct.  I haven't changed anything here so I assume that the site I scrape for that data has started (from that date) to include genre for that channel.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks @black_eagle, you where right. There are no other genres in TVH's EPG data more than DOCUMENTARY, COMEDY and SPORTS. Need to find a new XML provider then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing most of the genre colors in EPG0