iTunes currently playing information
Is there any way to display the current track/album/genre that is playing in iTunes on XBMC?

Perhaps using applescript/xml?

Thanks
You can easily send a notification to xbmc. look in linux branch /tools/eventclients/examples/ there you have notification examples in both python and c++. with them can you send test and coverart if you want
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thanks for your reply.

Would you be able to give me a quick example? Ive had a look around google but they all seem to be windows based tutorials...

I found some source here which might help me:
http://www.twmdesign.co.uk/projects/sour...se_src.zip

But having never used python or C++ before it is quite the learning curve

Thanks
To not leave you high and dry i cant give you an example as im out of a computer for the next 3 months Smile
ask on irc (#xbmc-linux or #xbmc-osx)
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iTunes currently playing information0