Possible to Consolidate All Video Files from Different Drectories?
I tried searching, but couldn't find the answer. Maybe I didn't search the correct terms.

Anyway, is it possible to set XBMC up so that all the video files are displayed in one place, even though they may reside in different directories on different networked machines?

So, for example, I have an HTPC, Media Server and my own PC that houses various video and audio files. From XBMC, I can access local machine Videos and have entered in the IP addresses of all the other machines so that I can individually access the files on the various systems with no problem. But, it would be nice if I could have it so that there was a single page on which DVD covers are shown for all the video files, regardless of where they reside, since I sometimes can't remember which video file is on which machine.

I didn't have this on the Xbox version, but was wondering if it's available on the PC version.

Other than that everything seems to be working pretty darn well, except for getting errors playing ISO files (which I've seen discussed in another thread).
You can add multiple paths. It's been in XBMC for a while now (all versions). It is on the Xbox too so not sure why you say you didn't have this on the xbox.

When you add a source, you will have the option to add multiple paths for each.

Try this search on google: site:xbmc.org multipath
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly.

When I click on Videos from the home page, I get to a page that lists all the various locations in which I have movies stored. For example, Loc1, Loc2, Loc3. From there, I select a location and that then has a list of all my vids for that particular location.

What I'd prefer is to get a list of all the vids on a single page when I click on the Videos rather than a submenu listing the various locations.

Don't tell me this is available and I haven't been using it for many years on the Xbox version!
Crap. I understand now. Darn it. I wasn't using XBMC for Xbox as well as I could have been. Oh well, at least my kids learned about directory structures . . .

Thanks for the help!
Yes, it's called Library Mode.
(and yes multipaths work also, but believe me, Libray Mode is sooooo much nicer.)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Okay. All of a sudden I've fallen in love with XBMC all over again.

I just have to get past my ISO loading error and I'm on my way to dumping all the half dozen or so VMC front ends that I've been accumulating.

Thanks again.
gooberedup Wrote:I just have to get past my ISO loading error and I'm on my way to dumping all the half dozen or so VMC front ends that I've been accumulating.

Post your log on pastebin and place a link here. I have no problems playing iso DVDs so far.
WiSo Wrote:Post your log on pastebin and place a link here. I have no problems playing iso DVDs so far.

Thanks for the help. Once I'm home, I'll do that. This is the error message I get when I try ISO's.

"Playlist playback aborted
Too many consecutive failed items"

I saw a few attempted workarounds on another thread, but nothing definitive.
gooberedup Wrote:"Playlist playback aborted
Too many consecutive failed items"
There was a bug-fix for that that went into the SVN a week or two ago (at least for the Xbox and Linux versions of XBMC).
Gamester17 Wrote:There was a bug-fix for that that went into the SVN a week or two ago (at least for the Xbox and Linux versions of XBMC).

Then it should be in win32 too and that could be the reason that it works for me Rolleyes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to Consolidate All Video Files from Different Drectories?0