Ubuntu PM3: Theme
Rainbow 
Hey guys.
I started work on a bunch of little projects. I am still finishing up on the marvel theme and alienware theme, and I have started my own skin that I call 'Codename: Tempest'.

In the mean time I whipped up another theme for PM3. It is near complete. Probably just be a few days before a release.

Tell me what you think, comments, suggestions.

-IllumiNaughty
looks GREAT man... one thing though.. the menu and settings/filemanager is not perfectly aligned. either the menu should be a little left og the settings/file a bit right... Maybe its like this in the oroginal pm3, but i never noticed so clear there.. seems very clear with this theme..

other than that i like it very very much, keep those nice themes coming mate Smile
Well, I am not quite done with the theme but I want some more feedback so I am going to release it as a WIP in my signature. Tell me what you guys think.

BTW- Some buttons, dialogs, textures, overlays, etc. ARE NOT COMPLETE. And some of the things that look like they are complete will still require more tweaking.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3946/...hotfg4.png
It looks nice but I think some of the default backgrounds in home could be changed to the more earthy color images that ubuntu goes for
Yeah, I plan on changing it to something ubuntu-ish, though currently I haven't decided on what to use (its the only thing I have yet to set in stone).
LOTS of buttons are not done yet and a few dialogs and such.
In a couple days after some feedback I'll finish it up and add it to the Blackmarket and in my sig.

-IllumiNaughty
This is _really_ nice! I agree with Jezz_X about the background art though, you should ask on the ubuntu forums for some ubuntuish wallpaper, I'm sure a lot of people would point you at some great images Smile
I'm a lurker, not a fighter!
Rainbow 
Love it bro. Want any testing done fire it my way Wink Else I'll look forward to the release!
Rainbow 
IllumiNaughty Wrote:Yeah, I plan on changing it to something ubuntu-ish, though currently I haven't decided on what to use (its the only thing I have yet to set in stone).
LOTS of buttons are not done yet and a few dialogs and such.
In a couple days after some feedback I'll finish it up and add it to the Blackmarket and in my sig.

-IllumiNaughty

Looks good, agree about changing the background pictures. Ubuntu project themselves have some nicewallpaper images which fit with the colour scheme. Might be worth looking into. Obviously they're all open source so there's no copyright issues Wink

Anyway really nice work and I look forward to the release!
Thank you guys for the kind replies.

- I already plan on making the homescreen bullets round and most (all?) buttons round throughout the theme.

- And I might just use a huge nature earthy kinda wallpaper pack for replacing all the homescreen backgrounds (I already have one). But I will definitely try the ubuntu forums for a ubuntu nature earthy wallpaper pack.

Just to let you guys know if you have any ideas for some of the images that have not yet been done, just throw them my way. I plan on making this theme a 100% rework of all graphics.Big Grin

-IllumiNaughty
That looks great. It would be a great service to the xbmc/myth community if 'skilled skinners' would start adding a button for livetv on the home screen. Rand Al Thor did it in an AEON mod and tippo88 did it in and xTV mod. Problem is for me that those skins are almost impossible to read on my projection tv. PM III works everywhere. Thanks.
I'll add that as another side project after I finish one of my themes. If you can wait a week or two for it.
Though I would get no use out of it whatsoever. LOL

-IllumiNaughty
Yes, but think of the joy you will get knowing that wives all over the world have stopped nagging their husbands about what a PITA it is to use the xbox for TV.
Bump

So you going to release this or what ?
Patience jezz...
I have a bunch of projects going all at once and right now the Ubuntu theme is a LOT further along. Still not done though, really all I need is a good design for the homescreen bullets (the animated gifs) and OSD then it'll be pretty much complete (100% new graphics). btw the homescreen looks sweet with the new nature bg's, thanks for the suggestion.
I am working on a whole new skin called Tempest for XBMC, also the Marvel and Alienware themes are being worked on.
The Ubuntu theme will be the first released, followed by the Marvel theme then the Alienware theme. Then when all the themes are released I will show off some previews of the Tempest skin.
Don't worry, all kinds of XBMC eyecandy is coming soon.

BTW- What is best for creating/editing animated gifs?

-IllumiNaughty
IllumiNaughty Wrote:...

BTW- What is best for creating/editing animated gifs?

-IllumiNaughty

You can edit the images in Photoshop, but for editing, extracing the images, I used Ulead GIF Animator waaaay back, I think nowadays they use Adobe ImageReady for editing, creating GIF animations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu PM3: Theme0