HOW-TO get my Home videos, documentaries etc into the XBMC video library
It should be possible.

Smart Playlist with Kids genre. Most skins let you put something on the main page.
vinistois Wrote:hmm, its too bad. It seems like everyone has something they want to separate, whether its stand-up, sports, kids, anime, etc.

For now I am switching to playlists, the Night skin makes it fairly easy to add to the home menu as submenus of movies and shows. The only downside now is that I can't view that stuff in library views, file view only. Otherwise I have to add it to the library and then it shows up in the regular 'movies' section.

Good enough for now, thanks!

You can take it further if you want.

1. Scan all items, even KIDS, into Library.
2. Create a playlist just of KIDS stuff
3. Create another playlist of all but KIDS stuff
4. Add both to Home. Name the 'all but kids' playlist- "Movies", then hide the regular Movies link in Skin settings.

Now you have the appearance of two separate Libraries

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:You can take it further if you want.

1. Scan all items, even KIDS, into Library.
2. Create a playlist just of KIDS stuff
3. Create another playlist of all but KIDS stuff
4. Add both to Home. Name the 'all but kids' playlist- "Movies", then hide the regular Movies link in Skin settings.

Now you have the appearance of two separate Libraries

Yes this method does work, but won't you loose the 'recently added' features that automatically pop up when you highlight movies or tv shows?
I've posted ticket suggesting exposing source names. Idea is that in addition to titles, genres, etc you could have view "by source names". We could separate content in different folders (kids, documentaries, home etc), and add each source as usual. Afterwards, by choosing "by source" and than "Kids", only movies that reside in that folder would be shown.

It's not a way to have full blown custom categories, but it could give us simple and fair way to separate content until/if new library is ready. Support ticket with your comments or criticize it if you think it's a bad idea.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

"Little" necropost here,

i have 3 profiles with different settings so i can switch them via hotkey while playing movies.

But i have a "problem" .-. when i switch profiles via
<e>LoadProfile(Master user)</e>

If i have a video playing, it will show my start screen, which bothers me (the two concrete settings i want to change do change correctly while playing).

Anyway to disable the start screen? (so it loads my settings, but doesnt go to start screen), i can simply press TAB but well :/ if could be automatic.

Thanks,

I also tried to restart whole "player" (so it disables DXVA in one of the profiles).

<f5>XBMC.ActivateWindow(videoplaylist)</f5>

but problem is that after switching profiles, the playlist its empty (altho there is a film playing @ background)
You want to switch profiles and keep the video playing in fullscreen?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yeah.

Now i switch profile + press Tab (because video will go background and XBMC startup screen will show on top).

I change vsync+true fullscreen combos on profiles, and that works without restarting playing, but i have to press TAB after switching profile so i can see the video playing without the menu..

I would also like to change DXVA but i have to restart reproduction, not so important this one, when i put my dad ill just load the profile before playing.
I have never tried this, but I would be very surprised if that would be possible.
I would guess that some coding would have to be done in order to achieve that.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
supossed so, loadprofile always seems to change to start menu, not much hassle anyways, simply press tab and done.

thanks for the info (and this post) anyways =).

I'll try to add some fastloadprofile method (or tweak existing one) for self-use.
>>X<<' Wrote:Well for kids the login screen on a remote button seems ideal to me the transition between profiles doing it that way is very nice plus they can have their own skins settings addons and don't mess with how you want your library

i was doing some testing with this,
and was using the toggle profile switch guide
switching to the kids profile worked,
but switching back doesn't work.
it brings me back to the kids profile

i edited the keyboard.xml by adding
Code:
<b>LoadProfile(Kids)</b>
in userdata\keymaps
then i made a new keyboard.xml with
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <b>LoadProfile(master user)</b>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
and put that in userdata\profiles\Kids\keymaps
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Turning on debug logging should show if the kids keymap is ever loaded (it should).
If you see a problem or need help deciphering the debug log please open a new thread for it (regression?).
I have been contemplating actually using this hack for my own XBMC setup, when and if I do I can test if this works for me. What is holding me back is an ATV2 bug that stops remapping of remote functions.
OK, I think I see where you went wrong. This works just fine for me btw on my Windows laptop.
You never, ever alter the system keymap files (You are not clear on what exactly you did, but this sentence suggests to me that's what you did, "i edited the keyboard.xml by adding")

Follow the guide to the letter and create a keyboard.xml in the keymaps subfolder of the profile folder (userdata\keymaps).
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <b>LoadProfile(Kids)</b>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
If this is what you actually did, I can only suggest looking at the name of the profiles, did you change the name of Master User by any chance? (XBMC seems to use the profile name for Loadprofile).

Again, debug log should reveal what is up.
Ok I can confirm an issue on beta 1, this works fine on Dharma and a nightly build from September.
I can switch once, but not back.
ie, if I start XBMC in the master user profile I can switch to kids and vice versa, but never back. Will try to get someone to look into it.
Issue has been fixed in XBMC code, unfortunately it missed beta 2.
Anyone interested, take a look here:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/6910...37ec155f9c
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/903

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO get my Home videos, documentaries etc into the XBMC video library2