• 5(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost
What dongle is good that works in Win7 and how do I get the newer PS3 plugin to work in Eventghost?
my msi star key 2.0 works flawlessly in win7. also there is no newer plugin the 3.0.1 he posted is exactly the same as the 3.0.0 that comes with eventghost. in the other thread he mentions he added sniff to 3.0.0
is this for a ps3 controller or for the remote control? I have seen the SCPH-98046 which is bluetooth and was wondering if it would work for this application as it has all the ordinary needed buttons, play, pause, stop...
it's for the remote control. I haven't found a way to make the directional buttons autorepeat so I think I'm just going to buy an antec veris basic 3.5" bay ir receiver and try using it with my windows mce remote.. mapping the keys with eventghost. oh well it was a nice idea
too bad it doesn't do universal ir functions like control the tv/stereo also, that would be sweet.
Your PSI dongle is quite dated and not really sold online at all these days. Just about everywhere has it unavailable including Newegg.

Is there another alternative?
You can get it for $20 from dealextreme. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15403 I'm pretty sure almost any broadcom chipset dongle would work, as long as you install the drivers from the link I posted. the profile used for the ps3 remote service is pretty basic.. You may not be pairing it/setting up eventghost correctly
edit: try my eventghost tree that I posted.. it might get it to work
uncola Wrote:You can get it for $20 from dealextreme. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15403 I'm pretty sure almost any broadcom chipset dongle would work, as long as you install the drivers from the link I posted. the profile used for the ps3 remote service is pretty basic.. You may not be pairing it/setting up eventghost correctly
edit: try my eventghost tree that I posted.. it might get it to work

I am diffidently pairing it properly. I have done it with the 3 dongles that I have. If I wasn't pairing it properly then I wouldn't be able to get any recognition at all from the Rocketfish which does work. The procedure is exactly the same. The problem is that none of these devices are properly compatible with Win7. I can't even get my phone to sync using any of these dongles. Worse more, the Rocketfish one that does work will only work when I have it plugged into a USB hub. When I have it plugged direct into a usb, it will see the remote, but it complains that it takes too long to sync itself with the remote and always cancels the syncing. The other 2 dongles simply have no recognition at all what so ever.

On a side note... that dongle of yours that you linked. You will have to find another alternative because if it requires me to pay $20+ for it then I will just stick with Vista since that's $20 saved. I only paid $5 for each of my Dongles. The Rocketfish I got from an employee at their price.

I am also using the latest drivers for the dongles.
Hi!

I've been playing around with sony ps3 bd remote and eventghost. I've checked rickler's script (nice job!) and the thing worked well.

Then, after a day or two, my BD remote sudenly started to transmit different HID codes. The codes are actually the same just the last digit is different for example:

Play=
HID.0100000032FFFFFFFFFF0103
instead of
HID.0100000032FFFFFFFFFF0105 (as defined in ricklers script)

So, what does the last digit mean? How do I modify the script to accept for example HID.0100000032FFFFFFFFFF* ?

any ideas?
dr.Evol Wrote:Then, after a day or two, my BD remote sudenly started to transmit different HID codes. The codes are actually the same just the last digit is different for example:

Play=
HID.0100000032FFFFFFFFFF0103
instead of
HID.0100000032FFFFFFFFFF0105 (as defined in ricklers script)

So, what does the last digit mean?

any ideas?

As far as I've read elsewhere the last 2 digits are the battery level (05 = max) (00 = Min)

why not use the command names instead of RAW code? Then there will be no changing of commands.
Anyone have any thoughts on a bluetooth dongle with the PS3 remote while in Win7 besdies the MSI mentioned?
can someone share a fully working eventghost xml with xbmc fully mapped? thanks
Is there a way to get the PS3 remote running on Mac OSX?
Hmmm, seems that Remote Buddy might do the job:
http://www.iospirit.com/index.php?mode=v...e=html-115
the official version of the widcomm stack came with my blue tooth, and it doesn't support not entering a passkey (which is completely ridiculous that they would even remove it) and every cracked version Ive tried hasn't worked. What idiots remove a feature that allows ps3 and wii remotes to connect.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost2