• 8(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost
phvrc2nt Wrote:@The_Dogg

That's good to hear you've managed to customize it to what suits you Smile That's what EG is all about Smile Thanks for the tip on editing the PY Files. Smile

NP, I found it in the Eventghost forums, here's the desciption:
("EG Action Name", "Short description", "Long description", "XBMC action")

You can find the XBMC Action list here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Action_IDs

or here (more functions in this list) http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml
Check the Available actions section
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

how do you get the remote to wakeup from hybenation?

everyday i need to remove the bt devise and reassociate it.. its just a pain
The_Dogg Wrote:NP, I found it in the Eventghost forums, here's the desciption:
("EG Action Name", "Short description", "Long description", "XBMC action")

You can find the XBMC Action list here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Action_IDs

or here (more functions in this list) http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml
Check the Available actions section
Thanks for the work you have done on this as i find this to be the best and most reliable
configs for this remote. Now it works flawlessly, all i need to do now is remember which button does whatLaugh
Thanks again matey
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
|fred Wrote:how do you get the remote to wakeup from hybenation?

everyday i need to remove the bt devise and reassociate it.. its just a pain

I've also had this issue - I posted it before the lightning struck, so it looks like it's gone now.

It seems that on a daily basis I need to remove the remote, then re-associate it, just like the post above.

I'm using the dogg's (excellent) keymap, however if anybody has a way to prevent this from continually happening, it'd be greatly appreciated.
prefekt Wrote:I've also had this issue - I posted it before the lightning struck, so it looks like it's gone now.

It seems that on a daily basis I need to remove the remote, then re-associate it, just like the post above.

I'm using the dogg's (excellent) keymap, however if anybody has a way to prevent this from continually happening, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I'm having this issue aswell, I was really busy in the past few weeks, so I didnt find a solution yet. What works for me is to remove 1 battery from the remote and put it back, this usually wakes my remote (sometimes it doesnt).

I want to try an application someone wrote to put the remote to sleep BDRemotePowerManager, but unfortunately it doenst work on win7 64 bits. (the dev said it will create a new version that should work, but I have no ETA)

you can check this forum for more info http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopi...0&start=60

@the dogg
@prefct

i never had issues my bd remote not waking up and not connecting. although i notice that sometimes when i dont use or i dont press a key on the remote for more than 30minutes, it does goes to sleep.

anyhow, the only thing i can see of which is the probable cause is that the dogg configuration uses the old version of eventghost. my best suggestion at the moment, install the latest version and use the config i will post after the break.
phvrc2nt Wrote:@the dogg
@prefct

i never had issues my bd remote not waking up and not connecting. although i notice that sometimes when i dont use or i dont press a key on the remote for more than 30minutes, it does goes to sleep.

anyhow, the only thing i can see of which is the probable cause is that the dogg configuration uses the old version of eventghost. my best suggestion at the moment, install the latest version and use the config i will post after the break.
I tried dogg's config with the latest version of eventghost. Results were not good as it looked as though it was getting a continuas input from something and as a result it locked my machine tighter than a ducks arse.
1 reboot later i reverted back to the old build, thankfully i kept a backup, lesson learned
if it aint broke don't fix itWink
@paul
yes, the dogg's configuration is not compatible with the most recent eventghost build. please see my upload after the break for eventghost compatibility.
Compatible with the latest EventGhost
So far no sleep issues for me on my Windows 7x64
You can opt to modify some keys if you prefer since this configuration was setup for dedicated Media Centers.

Key Assignments:

Eject - Eject DVD/CD
Audio - Mute/Unmute
Angle - Playlist
Subtitle - Subtitles Display/Hide
Clear - Information
Time - Show Time

* Numbers - Emulate Keyboard Number Press (this is to enable some features when using photo/image views)
1 - Emulate KB 1
2 - Emulate KB 2
3 - Emulate KB 3
4 - Emulate KB 4
5 - Emulate KB 5
6 - Emulate KB 6
7 - Emulate KB 7
8 - Emulate KB 8
9 - Emulate KB 9
0 - Emulate KB 0

* Color Keys - Assigned for skype use but I disabled it on this upload. You can however choose your preferred key assignment manually.
Red - Hang up Skype
Green - Answer Skype
Blue - Show/Hide Skype Window
Yellow - Unassigned

Display - Full Screen Toggle
Top Menu - Show Shutdown menu
Popup Menu - Context Menu
Return - Previous Menu
Up - Up
Down - Down
Left - Left
Right - Right
Enter - Select
Triangle / Options - Show OSD
Circle / Back - Parent Directory
Square / View - Aspect Ratio
X - Close
L1 - Show Movies
L2 - Show Television Shows
L3 - Volume Down
R3 - Volume Up
R2 - Show Music
R1 - Show Videos
PS Button - Show Home Screen
Select - Cue
Start - Update Music and Video Library
Play - Play
Stop - Stop
Pause - Pause
Scan Back - Rewind
Scan Forward - Forward
Prev - Skip Previous
Next - Skip Next
Slow/Step Back - Small Skip Forward
Slow/Step Forward - Small Skip Backwards

File Download:
Mediafire - http://www.mediafire.com/?yma3gjziioj
Rapidshare - http://rapidshare.com/files/366041398/ph...3.xml.html
Ok, I have re-written my config file to work with the latest version of
EventGhost (0.3.7.r1436) which you can download at:
http://www.eventghost.org/downloads/

I used and updated version of the PS3 plugin which can be found here http://www.eventghost.org/forum/download...php?id=776
This version uses also the names as button event, but different from the plugin used in 0.3.6
I also used the XBMC plugin to send XBMCC commands instead of simulated keyboard presses.

I did add a few missing commands to the XBMC plugin in eventghost because some commands were not included in it. To add those commands simply open the file __init__.py (in c:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\XBMC\) (or wherever your eventghost is installed) with a text editor, search for "ACTIONS = (" and add this at the bottom of that section:
Code:
("AudioNextLanguage", "Next Audio Track", "Next Audio Track.", "AudioNextLanguage"),
    ("NextSubtitle", "Cycle Subtitle", "Cycle Subtitle.", "NextSubtitle"),
    ("ToggleWatched", "Toggles Watched", "Toggles Watched.", "ToggleWatched"),
    ("SubtitleDelayMinus", "Decrease Subtitle Delay", "Decrease Subtitle Delay.", "SubtitleDelayMinus"),
    ("SubtitleDelayPlus", "Increase Subtitle Delay", "Increase Subtitle Delay.", "SubtitleDelayPlus"),

**You will need to re-add those lines above in the new EG version***

I mapped pretty much every button on the remote (tried to give the right functionality based on the button name).

I also fixed a few problems with the config file (Red and Yellow buttons are fixed and I adjusted the Auto-repeat on Up, Down, Left and Right)

I also added a button combination to show the Battery Level (only shows in eventghost, not XBMC unfortunately) See below for keys.

I didnt test the battery life yet, I'll report the results after a few days

Here is the file The_Dogg PS3 Config.xml (Right-Click, Save As)

Here is a list of the buttons and their function( AutoRepeat means you can hold the button and the action repeat until you let go):

Button - Function
Eject - Shutdown Menu
Audio - Next Audio Track
Angle - Toggle Fullscreen/GUI
Subtitle - Subtitle On/Off
Clear - Cycle Subtitle
Time - Show Time Remaining
1 - 1
2 - 2
3 - 3
4 - 4
5 - 5
6 - 6
7 - 7
8 - 8
9 - 9
0 - 0
Red - Exit Application (Alt+F4)
Green - Launch Google Chrome
Blue - Launch Remote Desktop
Yellow - Alt+Tab between Programs
Display - Toggle between Gui & Fullscreen
Top Menu - Home Menu
Pop Up/Menu - Context Menu
Return - Back
Triangle (Options) - OSD Menu
Circle (Back) - Back
Square (View) - Toggle Aspect Ratio
X - Add to Queue
Up - Up (AutoRepeat)
Down - Down (AutoRepeat)
Left - Left (AutoRepeat)
Right - Right (AutoRepeat)
Enter - Enter
L1 - Show the information
L2 - Toggles watched/unwatched
L3 - Screenshot
Playstation Button - Launch XBMC
R1 - Volume Up (AutoRepeat)
R2 - Volume Down (AutoRepeat)
R3 - Mute
Select - Decrease Subtitle Delay (AutoRepeat)
Start - Increase Subtitle Delay (AutoRepeat)
Play - Play
Stop - Stop
Pause - Pause
Scan << - Rewind
Scan >> - Fast Forward
Prev - Small Step Back (1%)
Next - Small Step Forward (1%)
Slow/Step < - Big Step Back (10%)
Slow/Step > - Big Step Forward (10%)
Circle+Cross - Battery Level (Only shows in EG)

Loving the fact that people are still trying to fix the battery problem, look forward to see what happens soon Laugh
Hardware - HP Proliant MicroServer N36L 8TB / Amazon Fire TV Stick
Software - NZBget / Radarr / Sonarr / uTorrent / Plex / NZB 360

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
Nice work once more the_dogg.
And my batterys do last far longer using your configs as the remote goes to sleep after a few mins something it never used to do using some of the other configs on here.
The only thing i can't get to work is the fullscreen toggle, I still have go to the keyboard and hit "\" which is a bit of a pain. thanks for your effortsBig Grin
paul Wrote:Nice work once more the_dogg.
And my batterys do last far longer using your configs as the remote goes to sleep after a few mins something it never used to do using some of the other configs on here.
The only thing i can't get to work is the fullscreen toggle, I still have go to the keyboard and hit "\" which is a bit of a pain. thanks for your effortsBig Grin

thanks, For the fullscreen toggle, I use the display button, which works fine for me, I guess i'll try the angle button also. but I'll be adjusting my config shortly sine I have a few functions that are duplicated.

as for battery levels, the button combination that I added to show the battery level in EG doesn't seem to work, I didnt understood this action properly yet, I'll be looking into it.

so far it's been 2 days, my remote has not been disconnected once and the battery seems ok, so far so good!

been looking through this thread and I can get my remote to work with my pc but no luck with xbmc. any pointers?
@the dogg

we're u able to figure out how the battery check works using event ghost?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost2