• 2(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost
Off topic, but will eventGhost work for mapping the xbox360 Controller?

Would be really cool if it could trap my PCI DVB-T IR Controller?
missed your earlier post mate, sorry for posting so much lol.
the only thing I need to know now is how to write the Emulate Keystrokes: {ALT+Z}
in eventghost. It is recognising the key press from the remote but I think I have written the keystroke part wrong. apart from that all is good! I have ALT+Z as a hotkey to run xbmc. next I want the remote to have a button that switches between my monitor and tv, the hotkey for that is CTRL+Q really appreciate the help mate gonna give ya some rep, u really deserve it!!!
got it working!!!!!!!!!!
took a lot of playing around but I couldnt be happier.
pity there no edit post here, feel like a bit of an ass for posting so much lol.
thanks guys Big Grin
anyone knw how to get rid of the free memory thing at the top?
Broads Wrote:Off topic, but will eventGhost work for mapping the xbox360 Controller? Would be really cool if it could trap my PCI DVB-T IR Controller?

Hello, sorry no idea.
Would you mind creating a new thread with your question ? It will help both the people only interested in either this (PS3 remote thread) and the other (XBOX360 controller)
my event ghost xml file:

and the beginning of my keymap.xml (I have removed all but the keyboard sections, for easier editing)

harlekin Wrote:How long do the PS3 remote batteries last, once they are paired with the Vista-PC, and how about reconnecting the remote? Do you have to reinstall it manually (uninstall it as a Vista Bluetooth device, than install it again) every time you wan't to use the remote again, as you have to with the Wii remote unless you use GlovePie and a specific Bluetooth driver stack?

how did you know about my PS3 remote battery trouble ? Shocked
how did you know about the unexplained changes in the bluetooth driver ? Shocked

Everything was working fine for the first couple of weeks, then it went down the hill. First thing I've noticed the batteries started dying after two weeks or so, so that took me a couple of hours to figure out.
Another thing that started in the last week or so, is a much bigger lag in key presses when in XBMC. I can see the events happening in Event viewer super fast (even if it's a 100 in a minute Wink) but it skips every two or three of them in XBMC (so it's bit of an effort to get things controlled)

Also the bluetooth driver/device acts weirdly. it would work one minute and then the next it would stop. Then I'd have to poke it a few times and it would start working again. Yet to find a pattern ... thinking about an MCE Remote already Oo
all working now, thanks very much
@caprica13: Smile I'm using the Wii remote as a XBMC remote currently (GlovePie with the following config:
Code:
//FoamyGuy Nunchuk Mouse
//Modified version of:
//Kunal Khiyani's nunchuk mouse
// based on
// Modified version of Squeakypants' D-Pad mouse script
if (-1.2 < wiimote.Nunchuk.JoyY < -0.09) {
  Mouse.DirectInputY = Mouse.DirectInputY + 30 * wiimote.Nunchuk.JoyY;
}
if (0.09 < wiimote.Nunchuk.JoyY < 1.2) {
  Mouse.DirectInputY = Mouse.DirectInputY + 30 * wiimote.Nunchuk.JoyY;
}
if (-1.2 < wiimote.Nunchuk.JoyX < -0.09) {
  Mouse.DirectInputX = Mouse.DirectInputX + 30 * wiimote.Nunchuk.JoyX;
}
if (0.09 < wiimote.Nunchuk.JoyX < 1.2) {
  Mouse.DirectInputX = Mouse.DirectInputX + 30 * wiimote.Nunchuk.JoyX;
}

//LED
//wiimote.Led1 = true;
wiimote.Leds  = 0

//XBMC Buttons
Mouse.LeftButton = wiimote.Nunchuk.ZButton;
Mouse.RightButton = wiimote.Nunchuk.CButton;
Keyboard.Enter = wiimote.A;
Keyboard.Esc = wiimote.B;
Keyboard.Left = wiimote.Left;
Keyboard.Right = wiimote.Right;
Keyboard.Up = wiimote.Up;
Keyboard.Down = wiimote.Down;
Keyboard.Backspace = wiimote.Minus;
Keyboard.Tab = wiimote.Home;
Keyboard.Q = wiimote.Plus;
Keyboard.Menu = wiimote.One;
Keyboard.X = wiimote.Two;

//Scroll
//if (wiimote.Up) {
//   Mouse.WheelUp = true
//   wait 30 ms
//   Mouse.WheelUp = false
//}
//if (wiimote.Down) {
//   Mouse.WheelDown = true
//   wait 30 ms
//   Mouse.WheelDown = false
//}
)

and I'm having the same problems (Bluetooth /= great battery life... Wink ).

My Laptop has no IR reciever build in, so I'm currently deciding if I should buy a whole new remote, or just a Wii Mote battery pack and a charger (I'm all about convenience.. Wink ).
I have logitech dinovo mini BT keyboard :-( as you know on the keyboard the multimedia buttons are set to windows media center . How can I use or set the play and stop buttons for XBMC ? Can ant one help? Thanks
been trying for the last few hours and it wont work. was working great and I havent changed anything at all, very frustrating.
Have tried everything I could think of, really wanna get it working but I might have to go back to my trust wireless keyboard & mouse thingy.
pity cause it was working great before, even had the eject button set to switch between my monitor and tv Sad
just noticed the commands are going to eventghost but arent doing anything,
the remote shows up a a hid compliant game controller and also as a hid keyboard. tried uninstalling the keyboard but it make no difference, just asks me to install again. anyone got any ideas?
my setup shows no lag in eventghost but in xbmc it is unbareable

i am using a billionton bluetooth module on win xp 32 bit and the newest atlantis build
Magfal. Are you running atlantis, This build seems to have killed event Ghost operations. I have switched back to the last version, whilst things get tweaked. Fingers crossed.
Not the perfect solution as I have seen a few graphic glitches in the menu, but using the new atlantis with the previous xbmc.exe seems to fix the PS3 remote issues.
That said I dropped back to the previous release completely on my htpc.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost2