• 6(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost
Hello, looking forward to trying this.

Quick questions:

1- Looking to get this adapater, would this be good to connect by PS3 remote to my PC?
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php...id=IOC.940

2- If clicking the PS button while navigating XBMC would the PS3 turn on? I'm thinking the PS button is for selecting a movie for example?

Thanks
Hey guys, I got the adapter I mentioned above and it is working fine.

I tried this program on my desktop computer and I was able to get it to work with XBMC.
I was able to pair the PS3 BD Remote with the adapter, running Window Vista.

However my HTPC is running Windows XP, and I can't get it to pair. There is no option to skip entering a passcode for the bluetooth. It does not move forward and won't let me skip like it did in Vista.

Also, how can I get the remote to work for both the PC and PS3? Once I pair with the PC, the remote won't work with the PS3 anymore, I have to pair it again. And once I do, the remote won't work with the PC.

Thanks for the help.
Anyone?
Question 
I have 2 of these remotes and both of them exhibit this same problem. After a time of inactivity the remote disconnects from BT. Pressing a button on the remote does not reconnect the remote. Pulling the batteries for a couple of seconds and replacing them before pressing a button does reconnect the remote.

I have tried various stacks and subversions of Widcomm 5, Bluesoleil 6, Bluesoleil 2, and MS. My best performance in this area came from Bluesoleil 2, which would reconnect the remote by pressing a button most times but caused mayhem in EventGhost. So I don't use BS2.

My config:

XP Pro SP3, CSR USB BT dongle, latest EventGhost.

Am I alone in the woods on this?
So I finally was able to get my remote paired with my Windows XP PC.

For the longest time I was not able to pair it at all, there was no option to select pairing with no pairing code.

I had sometime this past Sunday and spent a few hours researching. Turns out that Windows XP just like Vista has the option to pair without a code.

The issue is that Bluetooth support came with Windows XP SP2 and only supported a few Bluetooth adapters.
If yours is not one of the supported then XP won't see it and you will have to install the software that came with your USB adapter.

The two famous ones that I saw while researching are Widcomm and BlueSoleil. I had Wincomm with my Belkin USB adapter.
These software don't give an option to pair with no code and when they are installed they take over the Windows Bluetooth stack and you won't get the Windows wizard that gives the option to pair with no code. That is why you see some people able to pair with XP and some won't. It all depends on the adapter that you have.

Now to get on with it:

1- If you have already installed the software that came with your adapater and are not able to pair with no code then first go to device manager and then look for your adapter. Follow the steps here to get the Hardware ID for your adapter.
http://www.shootingsoftware.com/Widcomm.htm

Get the Hardware ID for your adapter and then add it to the bth.inf file.

2- Once you are done with that, remove your adapter from the USB port and then uninsall the software that came with your adapter, once you do that it will remove all the instances of drivers as well (tested with Widcomm)

3- Turn of your PC and then plug the adapter and then start it up again. Once in Windows again it should automatically install the drivers for your adapter since it is in the list in the bth.inf and the Bluetooth Options should show in Control Panel.

4- Now when you try to pair, the Windows wizard will start and you will have the option to pair with no code.
uncola Wrote:edit 7/01/09 added new version of script with fixed mapping of the view button to info in xbmc. also mapped pop-up/menu button to bring up the context menu in xbmc
Thank you very much for doing this, I downloaded your file and it is lovely to be able to start XBMC with the red button and your fixes to mapping of the other button. Big Grin
I'm finding the same problem using the Barron PS3 application.
Though, i'm finding that the problems show up when the battery level drains on the remote. When I put in freshly charged batteries, it works like a charm again, for some time again. I find it kinda wierd

I'm using XP SP3 as well. Dlink BT-110 (if i remember right, the top-seller d-link, couple years old)

deega Wrote:I have 2 of these remotes and both of them exhibit this same problem. After a time of inactivity the remote disconnects from BT. Pressing a button on the remote does not reconnect the remote. Pulling the batteries for a couple of seconds and replacing them before pressing a button does reconnect the remote.

I have tried various stacks and subversions of Widcomm 5, Bluesoleil 6, Bluesoleil 2, and MS. My best performance in this area came from Bluesoleil 2, which would reconnect the remote by pressing a button most times but caused mayhem in EventGhost. So I don't use BS2.

My config:

XP Pro SP3, CSR USB BT dongle, latest EventGhost.

Am I alone in the woods on this?
do you need special drivers to get the ps3 remote to sleep?
Is this still a fact, and have I understood it correctly?
Do you have to push-release-push for to move down a list for instance, or can you hold (just as for using directional buttons on the keyboard)

uncola Wrote:has anyone figured out a way to get autorepeat working? I tried adding the autorepeat in eventghost but it doesn't seem to be working
*bump* Smile

The original link to the config files aren't working,anyone got a working eventghost config for a ps3 bd remote at all please?

Many thanks
yup... original config file link not working.
please re-upload...

thanks thanks!
phvrc2nt Wrote:yup... original config file link not working.
please re-upload...

thanks thanks!

ok...
read thru the entire thread instead.
got the download link somewhere in the middle of the thread...

thanks thanks..
this is the best remote i've used so far.
easily detected by windows seven x64.
eventghost easily configured this remote.

though the original config of the author was really helpful.
i tweaked the settings a bit.

will post updated xml file in a while...
Was able to make it work without lag.
I would assume lag would be caused by the keyboard emulation thus I reconfigured everything about the remote leaving only the PS3 Remote Plugin.

You can try my updated xml on the download link below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?i0jwzqg4jn3

Please post any problems or suggestions.
Thanks!

p.s. this works without modifying keymaps on xbmc since the commands I reckon are direct commands to xbmc. Smile
belial Wrote:*bump* Smile

The original link to the config files aren't working,anyone got a working eventghost config for a ps3 bd remote at all please?

Many thanks

I've provided an updated xml a reply above... Smile
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost2