• 14(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost
could you please explain the two macros I need to make? A little confused about it.

And I don't need to add anything to my button macros using them?

Thanks. I had no idea there was a solution to the battery eater until randomly checking around the forum today.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Death-Axe Wrote:could you please explain the two macros I need to make? A little confused about it.

And I don't need to add anything to my button macros using them?

Thanks. I had no idea there was a solution to the battery eater until randomly checking around the forum today.

1-You need to have the timer plugin installed (and ps3 plugin obviously)
2-Paste the following code into your EG tree.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<EventGhost Version="1544">
    <Folder Name="ps3 hibernate" Expanded="True">
        <Macro Name="Timer: Start new or control running timer" Expanded="True">
            <Event Name="PS3.Button.*" />
            <Action>
                Timer.TimerAction(u'ps3Hibernate', 0, 1, 16.0, u'ps3.hibernate', False, True, 1, u'00:00:00')
            </Action>
        </Macro>
        <Macro Name="Start Program: Ps3RemoteSleep.exe" Expanded="True">
            <Event Name="Timer.ps3.hibernate" />
            <Action>
                System.Execute(u'C:\\Ps3RemoteSleep_v1.0.0.0\\Ps3RemoteSleep.exe', u'', 3, False, 1, u'', False)
            </Action>
        </Macro>
    </Folder>
</EventGhost>

This will add a group with two macros in it. In the second you will need to edit the "start program" command to point to "ps3remotesleep.exe" wherever you have put it.

Double click the action "Timer: Start new or control running timer" if you want to set the interval (idle time) before the remote will be put to sleep.
VoxCommando.com
it doesn't want to launch the app for some reason, all I get is this:

Quote:Traceback (most recent call last):
File "EventGhost.pyw", line 31, in <module>
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\__init__.py", line 109, in Main
eg.Tasklet(eg.app.MainLoop)().run()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\TaskletDialog.py", line 41, in ProcessingTask
self.Configure(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ConfigDialog.py", line 126, in Configure
self.item.Configure(*args)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ActionItem.py", line 107, in Configure
return self.executable.Configure(*args)
TypeError: Configure() takes at most 7 arguments (8 given)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\MainFrame\__init__.py", line 344, in FuncWrapper
func()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\MainFrame\__init__.py", line 868, in OnCmdConfigure
eg.UndoHandler.Configure().Try(self.document)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\UndoHandler\Configure.py", line 41, in Try
eg.Tasklet(self.Do)(item).run()
TaskletExit
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
I updated the app, no error on the macros you gave me, but now it errors on pressing a key on my remote. ANNOYING

Where can I find the latest version of the ps3 plugin? the one on the eventghost site is from 2009.

Edit: re downloaded the plugin and it works now. Maybe eventghost edited the plugin file for some reason. All working now, edited the timer though as 16 seconds is WAY too low.

thanks for your help James!
Death-Axe Wrote:I updated the app, no error on the macros you gave me, but now it errors on pressing a key on my remote. ANNOYING

Where can I find the latest version of the ps3 plugin? the one on the eventghost site is from 2009.

Edit: re downloaded the plugin and it works now. Maybe eventghost edited the plugin file for some reason. All working now, edited the timer though as 16 seconds is WAY too low.

thanks for your help James!
Yeah, I know 16 is too low! Laugh I had set it to 16 just for testing, so I wouldn't have to wait around forever to see if it was working. I would probably go more for something like 300 (5 minutes)

P.S. to the best of my memory the ps3 plugin that ships with EG is very old and the latest one is in the first post of this thread. But I guess you figured it out already, and please correct me if I'm wrong about this. Part of the problem is that I think the version numbers have not been updated through various plugin edits by different people.
VoxCommando.com
What dongle are you talking about ? All i have is my ps3 remote..
This ps3remotesleep program doesn't seem to work with the new generation of ps3 remotes... mine seems to reconnect automatically right after it is disconnected...

and how do you get the commands to repeat? like when scrolling up and down, pushing down only does one instance of down, not multiple...
I'm sorry I don't have one of the newer remotes to test with. How did you realize that the remote reconnects by itself?
in eventghost, when the ps3remote program runs it says hid device disconnected, then about 2 seconds after it says hid device reconnected. not sure if this is normal or not, but I do have a delay in the first button press after this happens.

any ideas on the repeat option?
You're in luck. Thats the normal behaviour. The device re-appearing is just the bluetooth service starting up again.
ok, good, so any way to get it to do repeats?
Place a "Autorepeat current macro" action in the macro:
Start first repetition after 0.60 seconds
with one repetition every 0.30 seconds
Would it be possible for someone to post their complete EventGhost xml file (with xbmc/ps3 remote keymappings) and the included code for the remote sleep? A simple step by step setup would be nice too Wink. I just think it would tiddy up the thread a bit.

Thanks everyone for their hard work.
worked awesome, thanks... next question.. does it work for windows 7 x64?
Does this remote work for actual windows function. Can I launch xbmc from the window screen? What about range I'm a out 40ft from my htpc.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control working using EventGhost2