Displaying plugin name
At the top of the screen I have a label displaying what content is being listed. So for instance it says "Library-Movies" when listing movies. But I would like to also be able to have it say "Videos-Apple Movie Trailers" for instance.

So, is it in any way possible to display the currently loaded plugin using an infolabel?
Not sure - Nuka1195 is the guru in this area Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

It is possible and I guess If nuka set a infolabel like "CurrentPluginName" in his scripts I could add it to the skin but its the kind of thing that needs to be reset back to nothing when you exit the plugin so its not always visible.
The other option is hardcode a path type thing into XBMC
I am probably overly simplifying things, but would it be possible to implement a label like Container.PluginName as we have for tvshows? Could this be done by simply using the directory name of the plugin as input? I mean I can use a Listitem.Label and the plugin name will obviously be shown, but the subitems of the plugin will as well. Basically what I want is to keep on displaying the originating item.
Another solution would be to have a Listitem.Path limited to the lowest level (local) directory. Maybe this would be better since it's use wouldn't be limited to plugins.
Sorry if I'm not making any sense Laugh
Quote:[SIZE=1]changed: python method addContextMenuItem() -> addContextMenuItems() (you can add up to 10, so makes sense)
added: infolabel "Container(id).Property()" (id optional) and python method xbmcplugin.setPluginCategory(). Skinners can use this in media windows to display the current plugins subcategory. use: Container(id).Property(PluginCategory) (id optional)
added: infolabel "Container.PluginName" displays the plugins root folder.

If nothing changes. rev 13475
[/SIZE]
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Nuka1195 Wrote:

If nothing changes. rev 13475

Big Grin Awesome, thanks a lot !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Displaying plugin name0