3d movies on nvidia shield TV and benq w1700 problem
I am trying to get 3d movies played on the benq w1700. Unfortunately, despite all things I have tried so far the projector does not detect the movie to be 3d. 
The shield has latest rom, the projector has 1.0.3 firmware. I was able to play the same movies 3d from rpi with OSMC in 3d on the projector. When I now play with shield it plays on screen with image SBS or TAB, depending on what I select in the kodi player. So pictures are actually shown next to each other/below each other instead of being merged. 
I found some older posts that I needed to deselect the hardware acceleration, but this did not make any difference. Also switched to 1080p for outgoing resolution instead of 4k, but that also did not make a difference.
Does anyone have this working for 3d movies with latest kodi?

PS just upgraded 7.2.1 but that did not make a difference.
I didnt use benq projctors, but in my expirience projector never automaticly detects 2D/3D movie with kodi/shield. It is manual setting, ussualy dedicated button on projector remote, with option to select what kind of glasses u want to use, dlp-link for example.
Maybe u refer to automatic 3D movie format detection (SBS etc.), witch i recomend to set manualy anyway. Never works for me Wink

U should be able to set 3D mode on projector no matter what, if content is 2D u will just see 2 streched images, one on top of another.
Hardware acceleration was causing problems with watching 3D conntent in 2D mode on android, but it was fixed while ago, with oreo update i belive. U should leave it on.
The projector was put on 3d mode, but it does not work. It did work with Raspberry pi, so something is missing in signal from shield?
If projector is in 3D mode u should see shield main screen as 2 overlaping streched images, this is still the same signal as in normal mode - projector just stretch it horizontaly (sbs), cuts it in half and displays one on top of another. With glasses one half of main screen should be visible in one eye, and another half in second eye.
If u cant see it like that it means projector is not in 3D mode. This has nothing to do with kodi. U must tinker with projector setting, something is set to AUTO and dont work, like i said nothing works on auto for me Wink

3D mode in kodi only handles subs and menu display, nothing is changed in movie itself.

You may also check it in fullhd instead of 4K. Maybe projector cant do this in full resolution.
Hi, my first post here !
I think I have the same problem and I'm seeking a solution. I have Benq w1700 and Denon x6200 AV Receiver. I can play 3d bluray from a Samsung 8500 player and get a good merged image. If I try and stream 3d via Kodi from a Minix Neo8 (via the denon) I just get the two side by side pictures and can't get them to merge. Same problem with the YouTube app on the Samsung bluray player.
The projector seems to recognise it is receiving a 3d single but just displays the two SBS images. I have read many posts that the PJ requires a firmware update but that seems to relate to a different issue and my bluray plays fine. Wondering if it's not handling certain file types correctly or something.
Any help or ideas much appreciated.
For what's it is worth, taking the AVR out of the equation and connect the Kodi device directly to the TV, monitor or projector, is the first step of simplification to find out where the problem comes from.

It varies per video card if a video triggers the 3D functionality of a TV or projector. The Raspberry Pi's and Intel x86-64 GPU's all can play 3D videos. But with the Intels, I need to trigger my TV manually into 3D mode.
Im having the same problem with my Benq ht2550. I'm using a MiBox with Kodi. Im sure I would get the same results with my nvidia shield tho.
I can turn on 3D, but it doesnt actually do anything and all the settings are greyed out.

Following this thread, hope you can figure out a solution
Ok. That's a good idea, I'll try by-passing the av Receiver and see if that helps.
Ok. Tried by-passing the AVR but this made no diffference except the sound came out of the projector. So, I updated Kodi with the Supremacy repo on the Sony Android tv I have and found the same problem, displaying SBS picture but not a merged image. So I'm wondering whether there's a setting in Kodi somewhere that needs changing or something ?
(2019-01-13, 12:12)Janpearl Wrote: So, I updated Kodi with the ...
Unfortunately support stops here, usage of banned add-ons will not be encouraged here. Please read our forum rules (wiki) again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3d movies on nvidia shield TV and benq w1700 problem0