Textures.xpr File Format
Is there any documentation on the Textures.xpr file format? I've been piecing it together for the xbmctex code that writes it and the xbmc code that reads it.

I'm trying to read the Textures.xpr file on powerpc-linux and since it's big-endian I can't just directly blit the data into structures like guilib/TexturesBundle.cpp does. I'm part way to figuring it out, but the colors don't load quite right, so I'm likely still missing some 16 or 32 bit numbers that need to have their endianness flipped.
as with the rest of this project i'm afraid home grown stuff is only documented through the source code Wink
The complicated ones are the DXT# formats - I wouldn't worry too much about these at first as they're probably only a few of them in each skin, if any. The code in XBMCTex and TextureBundle.cpp (and DirectXGraphics.cpp) was reverse engineered from what directx normally does, so it may not even be completely correct but it seems to work.

Concentrate on getting the LIN_A8R8G8B8 textures sorted first -they're a direct blit on i386, so may just need endianness flipping before blit on your platform.

Once that is done, the P8 textures will be the same (8 bit paletted, with 32bit colour palette)

There may be some small use of some 16bit textures - I can't recall offhand if I've killed them off in XBMCTex or not.

The plan is (eventually!) to remove everything except LIN_A8R8G8B8 and P8 textures as the rest don't really offer a great deal other than worse quality for not all that much size gains (as the quality degradation is too bad for most textures).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Textures.xpr File Format0