Solved settings
i just got a nvidia shield , downloaded kodi  then installed it from google playstore , i went and clicked on the settiings at the top of the page  and it didnt go to settings it goes to a browse the folder file , and i cant get out of it  un less i use the voice command to go back what is going on plz
Settings in Kodi or the Shield TV?
in kodi
instead of going into where it has like system settings and file manager and the others it goes to where it says browse for file and i cant back out of it ,have uninstalled and reinstalled 2 or 3 times the same thing
Thread moved to Android.

As it's subtitle says, discussions is not for support requests
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Every user interface on Kodi has some option to go back from. Either via an ESCape or cancel key, or right mouse click, or the back key on the Nvidia remote / controller.
Unless Nvidia broke something with their latest 7.2.1 Shield TV update, 17.6 always worked fine for me.
this is on my tv not pc, i use the game remote that came with it , and none of them will get me to go back
went in and uninstalled again , then went in and found codie  and downloaded it instead of doing a search for it , it it still does the same thing when i click on settings it goes to browse for folder instead of where the settings are
(2018-12-27, 01:30)[email protected] Wrote: then went in and found codie
You found .. what?
It might help if you post some screenshots of what you are clicking and what screens you see. It is hard to imaging that clicking Settings takes you to File Explorer

If the image is on your computer, then use button 19. If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, then use button 14
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sounds like your game remote is sending 2 clicks because the file manager is the first selection when you enter settings. Try using the Shield remote instead.
ok thx  will try that
thx alot that was the problem,i was using the game controller
Thread marked solved.
@[email protected]  This might be of some use to you -
(2018-12-28, 00:39)garbear Wrote: Joystick support is now performed by an add-on named "Joystick support" with the add-on ID peripheral.joystick. Make sure this is enabled, because the Shield will fall back on Android's (sometimes faulty) attempt at button mapping.

If that fails, can you upload a debug log showing the problem happening?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
settings0