Some questions RE: Mac Mini
oh dont worry im watchign it "live" on gizmodo and engadget right now Smile I might just suck it up and get a new one to make sure i dont have any sort of problems like this. Does RAM affect playback at all or is it all just raw processing power?
it is really only about the raw processing power that the CPU provides, ...in the future RAM might have relavence to playback preformance but not today.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
3g iphone is official Wink
So... without a new Mac Mini the "small" iMac is a good solution for XBMC?
Evin Wrote:So... without a new Mac Mini the "small" iMac is a good solution for XBMC?

This makes no sense. The current MacMini is 1.8 or 2GHz Core2 Duo. Plenty fast and still being sold. The original Intel MacMini is 1.6GHz Core Duo. I've got one. Sure, not as fast as the 1.8/2 GHz versions but still quite snappy. Maybe it will choke on very high bit rate 1080p h.264, I've not tried it.

And remember, the cpu is socketed so one could (google for it) replace the cpu with a faster Core2 Duo.
ya, that statement lost me too.
I'm thinking to replace my current PC with a Mac. So I have to decide between a Mac-Mini or an iMac... Smile

That's the reason why I'm asking... ^^°
well powerwise they are somewhat similar, but the mac mini obviously doesnt have a screen. its pretty much personal preference, i am coming from a different perspective in that all this mac mini is going to do is be hooked up to my computer with a huge hard drive to make it the media center of my house Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some questions RE: Mac Mini0