Localized XBMC forums? Support in other languages.
Hello,
I am the admin of MP-FR.COM
we are trying to help all French user about MediaPortal ...
I have recently try XBMC for windows.
I am really impress !
I know that the windows version is in early step but it's a very good work !
And after trying the windows version I'll try the Linux one in few days !
I'd like to know if your interested to have a French support ( helping to use, install ...)?
I can make a French forum for all French user if you are interested...
After trying the Linux version, I could help for installation and use for the Linux and the windows version, but for the moment I don't have a make ...
I plan to bye the new iMac .. so in few month I could help with the Mac OS X version ...
But keep in mind that as all people here and on the MP-FR.com site I am doing that on my free tilme... But I'll do every things that I can ...

Regards
Scubefr
No One interested ?
Devs , are you agree if i try that ?
Sorry, we are very busy dealing right now behind the scenes so to speak dealing with the XBMC DEV CON preperations.

I believe there already are unofficial French, a German, and Swedish forums available.'
http://xbmc.fr was the only one that I can remember right now
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yes I understand that your are very busey ...
there is no update in xbmc.fr since September .. I try to contact them for taking back the "xbmc.fr"... the forum linked in wiki page of xbmc.fr is only for the xbox version ...
I'll try to get xbmc.fr but if not I have just reserved xbmc-fr.org...
So in few days i could start with a forum and a blog the help all French speaking users...
Hello fellows ;-)

How would it be to have a subsection inside the forum to discuss xbmc specific topics in other languages than english ?
We do not need 200 languages ...
May french / spain / german and a few more for starting ?

Regards
Hans

Sorry .. I would like to start a new thread ..
linuxluemmel Wrote:Hello fellows ;-)

How would it be to have a subsection inside the forum to discuss xbmc specific topics in other languages than english ?
We do not need 200 languages ...
May french / spain / german and a few more for starting ?

Yeah, we really don't need so many... ...Maybe Czech would suffice? :p

EDIT: Just to be clear: I do like your idea.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

LOL :-) and a switzerland dialect called "Romanisch" spoken by a few poeple inside switzerland
linuxluemmel Wrote:LOL :-) and a switzerland dialect called "Romanisch" spoken by a few poeple inside switzerland

I was aiming to point that the idea is good but, at the same time, no language is more important than other, thus considering your proposed focus on main 3 as discriminatory to some extent.

Obviously I failed as you are comparing Czech language, spoken by nearly 16 mil people (if I include Slovakian as very similar) to some Swiss dialect.

Also note that I have nothing against those 3 languages you proposed and was just stating my opinion that it should be either open for all or we should stick to english only.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

LOL :-) Of course for every language ....
linuxluemmel Wrote:LOL :-) Of course for every language ....

Well as it seems you're lacking imagination go to http://forums.plexapp.com/ (hit the world is flat) and see for yourself. Then you can look at yourself in a mirror and LYAO
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Localized XBMC forums? Support in other languages.0