QUERY: ready-made XBMC
Are you guys (XMBC) any way affiliated with this URL:

http://www.gumtree.com/london/12/20558812.html

?

At first I was going to go through the newbie journey of buying an XBOX (unsure of what version & BIOS), getting it chipped, then installing XBMC. Then I find out that I could probably get ready-made XMBCs. If opticalgarbage.com/xbmc/ is legit and reliable then I would definitely buy a ready-made XMBC off them.

I was scared when asked questions like versions: 1.0-1.6b
and BIOS: Evox D6/M7/M8/M8+, iND-BiOS 5xxx, X2 49xx/50xx, X3 18xx/19xx/29xx, X3 3029/31xx/32xx, etc.

I've never owned a XBOX before so need pointers in buying the right XBOX.

Luckily I am situated near London too...
Thanks for the heads up.

No, said site is not affiliated with us, and I shall send then an email informing them of the illegality of what they are doing.

Essentially all they are doing is providing a paid service to do the work that you can do by yourself if you wish. It is up to you how you go about it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Installing xbmc is not difficult - if you use auto installer deluxe and softmod the xbox. If you put aside a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon you should be able to get it done. I got one of my xboxes off ebay along with all the bits and bob required. If you are not sure about how to do it google for it and you should find detailed instructions. The other thing about doing it this way is that if it goes wrong you will know a bit more about how to fix it.
jmarshall Wrote:Thanks for the heads up.

No, said site is not affiliated with us, and I shall send then an email informing them of the illegality of what they are doing.

Essentially all they are doing is providing a paid service to do the work that you can do by yourself if you wish. It is up to you how you go about it.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Selling XBMC is illegal, but maybe they have a bunch of plain XBOXs, and I can buy one of them and they will install XBMC for me while I watch, etc. And they charge me for the XBOX itself but not for installing XBMC? Maybe they'll charge me for chipmodding the XBOX too.

The other reply mentions that I can install XBMC with a softmod. Does this mean I do not need to open the XBOX? Also, does the softmod work on all XBOX versions regardless of BIOS?
More information about why selling modded Xboxes is illegal here => http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30640

matpol Wrote:Installing xbmc is not difficult - if you use auto installer deluxe and softmod the xbox.
Yeah, get AID if you want to do it real easy yourself.

andrewwan1980 Wrote:The other reply mentions that I can install XBMC with a softmod. Does this mean I do not need to open the XBOX? Also, does the softmod work on all XBOX versions regardless of BIOS?
Yes and yes, that is correct. Go to xbox-scene.com, they got all the tutorials that you need, and a forum that is all about Xbox modding.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
matpol Wrote:Installing xbmc is not difficult - if you use auto installer deluxe and softmod the xbox. If you put aside a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon you should be able to get it done. I got one of my xboxes off ebay along with all the bits and bob required. If you are not sure about how to do it google for it and you should find detailed instructions. The other thing about doing it this way is that if it goes wrong you will know a bit more about how to fix it.

What's this auto installer deluxe?

I googled XBOX SoftMod and the first post says, "SoftMod XBOX for free". Is this good?
go to xbox-scene.com and look for "softmod".

You can download "auto installer deluxe" (AID) or use any other software exploit method.

I know it's frustrating, but we can't really give you details on this site on modding the xbox. We can help with the installation, though.
andrewwan1980 Wrote:If opticalgarbage.com/xbmc/ is legit and reliable then ....

Ha ha. I like the way they install xbmc 'professionally' yet they don't know that you can take a screenshot inside xbmc rather than relying on a poor quality picture taken with a camera to sell the software.
waldo22 Wrote:go to xbox-scene.com and look for "softmod".

You can download "auto installer deluxe" (AID) or use any other software exploit method.

I know it's frustrating, but we can't really give you details on this site on modding the xbox. We can help with the installation, though.

AID looks like a homebrew software pack... for usage AFTER the xbox has been softmodded... right? Or can AID softmod my xbox automatically?
opticalgarbage.com/xbmc/ is really knowing what they are talking about Laugh

Quote:The XBox Media Center does not have to be networked to be enjoyed. Simply load the internal hard disc or a CD/DVD with whatever media you wish and play anything from the collection.
As long as you can use an FTP program you can put your media onto your XBMC - easily!

In my world, you need a network to connect to the ftp and upload media rom your computer Nod
andrewwan1980 Wrote:AID looks like a homebrew software pack... for usage AFTER the xbox has been softmodded... right? Or can AID softmod my xbox automatically?

Andrew,

look here:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox-tutorials.php?p=151|#151

There is a whole section on softmodding help.

I personally use the UXE exploit xboxhdm and the hotswap method. This requires serious computer knowledge and opening your xbox, though. I don't have any games or any memory cards, so I open my boxes up and do the hotswap method.

You can also use the UXE exploit with games and a memory card reader, if you have one. This is called a GameSave mod, and is the easier way to do it.

Wes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUERY: ready-made XBMC0