How to unintsall
I use the .exe and it gives me an error. I'll just use this on my linux machine.

How do i go about uninstalling?
What Windows version were you using? The installer version or a build without the installer?
If you never had to install it by using an installer, then just deleting the folder will do. If you used the installer version, you can just remove it through add/remove programs in the control panel.
What kind of error do you get?
When asking questions try to give some more information, or people will just have to guess what the problem is.
I apologize for my lack of an explanation. I just don't want to screw with fixing it on my windows machine, is all.

I am using a slightly (read: pretty damn) old videocard: Radeon 9200 Pro.

I installed the version from http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33562 about 10 minutes ago when I should have been working on something else.

The error I recieve is located HERE (i have a big monitor)
excuse me again for the double post, but my photobucket account scaled down my error message.

that is the error that I recieve
Do you receive the error immediately when starting up, or are you able to get in xbmc for a short time? If so, turning on debug logging can provide useful information for the devs.
You can read about it here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_Submi...Bug_Report
(see logs and debug logs)

If you cannot get into xbmc at all, there's another way to turn on debug logging:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml
(See point 2.2)
that is, if you want it fixed on your windows box of course.
Anonymoose Wrote:I use the .exe and it gives me an error. I'll just use this on my linux machine.
What do you mean by "I'll just use this on my linux machine"?, ...are you running the Microsoft Windows operating-system under VMware or some other kind of virtualization software?, if so then I can telll you that it currently not possible as XBMC requires OpenGL hardware acceleration and no virtualization software out there offers that today.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:What do you mean by "I'll just use this on my linux machine"?, ...are you running the Microsoft Windows operating-system under VMware or some other kind of virtualization software?, if so then I can telll you that it currently not possible as XBMC requires OpenGL hardware acceleration and no virtualization software out there offers that today.

I mean: I will use XBMC for linux on the computer in my home that is runnig Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron. I read that you have an official repo for it.

Jeroen:
XBMC does not appear at all. My system "thinks" for a few seconds and then decides to give me an error.

I have time to mess with this now.

I pasted into an xml file I created in notepad:
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>0</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>
like 2.1 told me to do. I didn't understand how point 2.2 could help me. Where is the output located? Did I do it right? I don't think I did it right.
soooo...what should I do?
Anyone?
This may be to obvious, but have you tried ADD/REMOVE programs. Mine uninstalls fine from there.

Keith
set the loglevel to 1 in advancedsettings.xml. zero is the default. then post a link to the xbmc.log file.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
how do i post a link to the log file?
How do i know if I even did it right?

that was my question

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to unintsall0