Solved Kodi Does Not Recognize Second Monitor
Hello,

I am running Kodi Leia RC4 on Mac OS X High Sierra.  When I attempt to switch to my second monitor, Kodi does not show it in the list.  I get 2 options, Default and VW246.  I have 2 monitors both of the exact same model.  Mac OS recognizes them as VW246 (1) and VW246(2), but Kodi just shows one of them. If I switch to windowed mode, drag to the second monitor, then fullscreen, it goes back to the primary monitor. I looked at the logs and I can see it is detecting my first monitor in the list of devices, but not the second monitor. This was not an issue with Krypton.  Not sure how to get it to see the second monitor.  I'm guessing this is a bug.
Could you verify that you have turned that „apps use separate space“ or what it is called off in the OS X settings?
Beside that I need to see a debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I could reproduce this (have 2 identical monitors swell lately). There should be a test build coming up in an hour or so here:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x86_64/

It will have "osx_multi_same_monitors" in the file name.

Please try this and report back if it fixes the issue.

The use case Going from Fullscreen to windowed on screen 1 - drag it to screen 2 and go to fullscreen there is still broken (it will go to fullscreen on the last saved monitor always which is screen 1 in this example - disregarding on which screen the window is currently). As we are really really far in the release process already I have to be careful with changes in that region now. So the fix to distinguish will go into v18 Leia if it works for you - any other fixes (like the use case I described) have to wait for v19 or v18.1 ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
So yes, I saw a post that mentioned turning off the apps using separate spaces feature.  Didn't work on or off.  I just downloaded the latest release candidate tonight which was Leia RC 5.2.  Nothing has changed. I will post a debug log in a separate post.
Here's my debug log file. https://paste.kodi.tv/ayabunewaf.kodi
I also tried out the test build.  Same thing.  It did appear it was able to see both monitors, but switching didn't produce any result.  It went to the next selection, but no change. It still stayed on the first monitor. Here is the debug log for the test build. https://paste.kodi.tv/somozegoti.kodi.
You are to late. Leia is released and when I came up with the test build I had time to work on it. Now I haven‘t atm.
You should see a random number beside your screen names now though to distinguish them - do you?
(2019-01-30, 08:35)Memphiz Wrote: You are to late. Leia is released and when I came up with the test build I had time to work on it. Now I haven‘t atm.
You should see a random number beside your screen names now though to distinguish them - do you?
 Hello Memphiz,

I just installed the Leia release and it does in fact show me 2 monitors with different numbers.  I set it to use the second monitor and it is working great.  Thank You!
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Does Not Recognize Second Monitor0