• 102(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
The lack of MC for a few days has further highlighted how I can't live without it!

Billy have you seen the thread about a Unified Media Manager? If your thinking of starting from scratch maybe a combined product with other will benefit from your experience and also give you alot less to do on your own.
Hi, just started using nfo files etc for stuff as scanning my movie collection everytime something buggers up my userdata folder (don't ask...)

I was wondering, what is the best naming convention for files with multiple parts?

Example, this is how I do mine (but it doesnt recognise it as one single movie)
movie title P1
movie title P2

And as release groups etc seem to be keeping to moronic 'rules' and think everyone still uses CDRs, this is what I have to do :-P

Edit: one more lil thing, Is there a way when scraping, to bring up a list of what it finds like the internal xbmc scraper? and also a manual movie name input? as some movie wont scrape for example 'blablabla (plus commentary)' wont scrape for a couple of items.

Also, great job on this app, I really think it is the best out of the 3.
Death-Axe Wrote:Hi, just started using nfo files etc for stuff as scanning my movie collection everytime something buggers up my userdata folder (don't ask...)

I was wondering, what is the best naming convention for files with multiple parts?

Example, this is how I do mine (but it doesnt recognise it as one single movie)
movie title P1
movie title P2

And as release groups etc seem to be keeping to moronic 'rules' and think everyone still uses CDRs, this is what I have to do :-P

Edit: one more lil thing, Is there a way when scraping, to bring up a list of what it finds like the internal xbmc scraper? and also a manual movie name input? as some movie wont scrape for example 'blablabla (plus commentary)' wont scrape for a couple of items.

Also, great job on this app, I really think it is the best out of the 3.

The easiest way to do a movie manually is when the scraper fails to find anything, or finds the wrong thing, then goto the movie edit window and select the 'Change Movie' button. Just browse to the correct movie and click 'go'

I decided that this doing it this way meant it would be impossible not to find something that was on the IMDB
Right, thanks! great app Smile
Hey just thought I'd pop in and say thanks for all your hard work on this app. I use XBMC on my Xbox, and your recent update to the program has made my life a lot easier. I can't think of anything that would need to be tweaked (for me at least)

I saw a suggestion for a tv show renamer, I second the sentiment. I just found a program that does it (http://www.codeplex.com/tvmetadatafinder) but having it baked into your program would be so much better.
billyad2000 Wrote:New Version 2.291

Fix for encoding error on shutdown in version 2.290

Download Version 2.291

Please report bugs with as much detail as possible.

Hi billy, receiving error using 2.291 when browsing in TV mode
Recently used 2.233 to create new tvshow.nfo files for all series (so that the nfos would use local actor thumbs (ie; smb://...) This was working fine but then I began to receive error when browsing specifically to the shows with newly created tvshow.nfo files. (note: when I browse to tv series using old tvshow.nfo files everything is cool).
I upgraded to 2.291 and problem has persisted but at least the application does not crash instead if I click Continue the issue resolves itself for that specific TV series until I browse to the next TV series.
Hope that helps.

Error states: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application... StartIndex cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: startIndex.

Here are the Details:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: startIndex
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
at Media_Companion.Form1.loadactor()
at Media_Companion.Form1.ComboBox2_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Companion 2.291
Assembly Version: 2.2.9.1
Win32 Version: 2.2.9.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner.WINDOWS/Desktop/Media%20Companion%202.291/Media%20Companion%202.291.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Would there be any reason why the program wouldn't scan network drives when searching for media? I have \\server\share\movie.avi and M:\Movies\Movie.avi in the folder settings but it always returns 0 movies.

Thanks Big Grin
Really love this program.

One question, which is more related to XBMC though: I use the MC function to update the nfo files for the IMDB ratings et al. As XBMC uses its "own" library (and only the nfo to scan the info faster), is there any way to have XBMC use the updates without deleting the library and scan from scratch? Same question also for changes in posters...

Thanks a ton!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Press 'I' on the updated video and then Reload/Refresh.
@bionic1234

try 2.292:http://homepage.ntlworld.com/billy.adams...02.292.rar
Louike Wrote:@bionic1234

try 2.292:http://homepage.ntlworld.com/billy.adams...02.292.rar

Thanks Louike, but 2.291 and 2.292 seem to experience the same problem.
Any TV shows with tvshow.nfos including smb:// actors give the error when I browse to that TV show. Any TV shows with no actors or 'statically entered' actors does not give the error.

Version 2.233 shows the actor information properly using the local smb actor folder and does not give this error.
Hitcher Wrote:Press 'I' on the updated video and then Reload/Refresh.

Thanks for the quick reply. Prob is that I have hundreds of videos and this would take forever. Really no other way besides deleting the library?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
I am using the following file structure;
Movies\8 Mile (2007)
Movies\8 Mile (2007)\folder.jpg
Movies\8 Mile (2007)\fanart.jpg
Movies\8 Mile (2007)\8 Mile (2007).avi
Movies\8 Mile (2007)\8 Mile (2007).tbn
Movies\8 Mile (2007)\8 Mile (2007).nfo

Whether I select the preference to use stacked file names or unstacked file names, the fanart is always saved as "8 Mile (2007)-Fanart.jpg"
I know this works for most structures but the only way my fanart is displayed is if it is called "fanart.jpg"
My question is if there is a way to have the fanart saved as just "fanart.jpg" rather then "8 Mile (2007)-fanart.jpg" This would save myself and others from having dupilcate fanart in the same folder and having to rename hundreds of files.

Thanks for the great program.
Options > Save files as "movie.nfo", "movie.tbn", "fanart.jpg"
I'm having a problem scanning Movies. I've used MC for ages but when I scan it's not picking anything up. Just says "0 new movies found".

I'm using the latest version.
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7