• 103(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
Ahh just needed an upgrade, thanks for the quick response and greate work on the program. Much appreciated by all.
Recently i upgraded to the Media Companion 2.292 and after scanning a directory of recently created ISO's the .nfo, -fanart, .tbn were successfully created for each.

After this, i moved my movies to the network share. I could not for the life of me figure out why they would not play. thought it was xbmc. turned off library scan, no luck. Movies older than a few days ago would play fine. i did update xbmc and Media companion at nearly the same time so this created more challenges in identifying issue.

rebooted my file server. no luck. re created the ISO and copied it back. no luck. copied single iso from one network path to another that was in my grouped network paths. wow, it played (it was missing the .tbn, .nfo etc.. in that directory too).

I then inspected the .nfo and compared it to a working movie .nfo. hmmm, for some reason the <filename>moviename.iso</filename> was missing. I added it and booted up xbmc and sure enough... the movie played fine!

sorry but i thought since i suffered a whole lot to figure this out i would just make you suffer a bit and read about it.

Anyway. Does anyone know if there is a place in Media Companion where i can make srue the filename tag is added?

i googled it and didnt find it. i also looked through all the settings that made sense to me. sorry in advance if it is something covered and widely known already.

thanks.
Im having a problem with the latest version (2.2.9.1)

It's not picking up any new tv episodes, here is the log

Code:
TVDB Scraper Language is :- English
TVDB Scraper API Language Code is :- en
TVDB Scraper Episode Order Is Set At :- default
Overwrite Thumbnails Is :- False

Starting Scan For New TV Epsiodes

Actors to Be Scraped From TVDB
26 New Episodes Found

The Following episodes are in the queue:-

Found For TV Show :- American Dad!, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\American Dad\Season_04\american.dad.419.pdtv.nfo
No Season and/or Episode Information Was Returned For This Episode

Found For TV Show :- Desperate Housewives, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Desperate Housewives\Season_05\desperate.housewives.522.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Everybody Hates Chris, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Everybody Hates Chris\Season_04\everybody.hates.chris.420.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Everybody Hates Chris, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Everybody Hates Chris\Season_04\everybody.hates.chris.421.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Everybody Hates Chris, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Everybody Hates Chris\Season_04\everybody.hates.chris.422.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Family Guy, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Family Guy\Season_07\family.guy.715.pdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Fringe, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Fringe\Season_01\fringe.120.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Ghost Whisperer, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Ghost Whisperer\Season_04\ghost.whisperer.420.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Ghost Whisperer, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Ghost Whisperer\Season_04\ghost.whisperer.421.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Ghost Whisperer, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Ghost Whisperer\Season_04\ghost.whisperer.422.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Grey's Anatomy, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Grey's Anatomy\Season_05\greys.anatomy.522.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- House, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\House\Season_05\house.524.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- How I Met Your Mother, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\How I Met Your Mother\Season_04\how.i.met.your.mother.423.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Medium, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Medium\Season_05\medium.515.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Medium, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Medium\Season_05\medium.516.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- My Name Is Earl, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\My Name Is Earl\Season_04\my.name.is.earl.426.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Prison Break, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Prison Break\Season_04\prison.break.420.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Reaper, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Reaper\Season_02\reaper.211.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Robin Hood, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Robin Hood\Season_03\robin.hood.307.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Smallville, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\SmallVille\Season_08\smallville.821.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Supernatural, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Supernatural\Season_04\supernatural.421.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Two and a Half Men, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Two And A Half Men\Season_06\two.and.a.half.men.623.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Dollhouse, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Dollhouse\Season_01\dollhouse.111.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- Dollhouse, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\Dollhouse\Season_01\dollhouse.112.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- The Simpsons, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\The Simpsons\Season_20\the.simpsons.2020.hdtv.nfo

Found For TV Show :- 24, Episode :-g:\-=television=-\english\24\Season_07\24.722.hdtv.nfo

I know that thetvdb.com has info for most of these episodes (didnt check them all)
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Thumbs Down 
No It can't find anything if the movie named in russian language. Sad
Can you add the scrapers for other languages?
Thanks.
steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. Prob is that I have hundreds of videos and this would take forever. Really no other way besides deleting the library?

Anyone any thought how I can have XBMC update the IMDB ratings without deleting the library or going through each of my hundreds of movies manually?

Thanks in advance!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Hi anyone notice this application cant handle file name with
's in it.? it display some weird code in place of 's or anything that has a ' in front

Directory
God's Waiting List (2006)

Media Companion
God&#x27;s Waiting List (2006)

Directory
You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)

Media Companion
You Don&#x27;t Mess with the Zohan (2008)
Having a lot of trouble with the newer versions. Fanart is no longer working how it did previously. It use to generate moviename-fanart.jpg files. Now it will only save it as a default folder.jpg file. Not matter how I set the preferences. When it scans new movies it also won't return the movies. Just list it as movie (1999) or similar depending on the year of the movie. The nfo file is name correctly, but has no information in relation to the movie it scanned. I have to manually go in and edit it as if it scanned and returned the wrong movie from the IMDB. I have all my movies in 1 big directory and in the past media companion has worked flawless for me. Now, it basically doesn't even work unless I am working on files that are already completed.
I just started using this and think it's very useful, but have two questions.
First, since I first scanned all my movies, I have the same Local thumb for fanart come up for ANY movie that contains fanart. The correct fanart image will be the current thumb, but I'm getting the same thumb for local. I deleted the image from my hard drive and it is still there. Is there a way to fix this?

Also, is it possible to scrape more than one fanart image at a time? It's only picking up one image for each movie.
Thanks.
Doe this thread get a response anymore?

I have the new version 2.292 and am curious about the TV episode scans.
i have named my files as series name se01e01.iso

for whatever reason. i cannot get media companion to find these when i add the folder to the TV Folders for scraping.

i have even put all the iso's into a folder with same name as series. Media Companion does not find any of them. when i scan them from the Movie directory, i get teh fanart and nfo etc fine with exception that they are all the same .nfo info (not per episode .nfo).

how do i properly name my media files and how do i properly add the folder to be scraped under TV series. What is root folder, when i choose a folder, it does not show up in the media companion folder list. i can only add single folder.
j2mediabox Wrote:I have the new version 2.292 and am curious about the TV episode scans.
i have named my files as series name se01e01.iso
Are your filenames actually named series name se01e01.iso? Because it should be series name s01e01.iso that extra "e" causes problems.
Any news on a possible patch or temp fix to the TV episode scraping problem? I love the UI of Media Companion and would like to keep using it!

Thanks!
Just a brief update.

As most of you will know, I decided some time ago that the current incarnation of Media Companion was becoming unworkable and as a result of this I decided that a rewrite was in order.

The progress has been slow, I probably made a big mistake in using the original code, on hindsite it would likely have been quicker starting from scratch. At the moment the new program only supports movies and I expect to be uploading this for testing hopefully this weekend.

The new build should be much easier to maintain, and adding features will also be much simpler.

How quickly TV Show support is added will very much depend upon the issues that are raised when I upload the new build, I hope that there are not too many and that I will be able to then concentrate on the TV Show features.

As you can see from the screenshot below, the interface has been given a bit of an overhaul, filters have also been added to the main page, additional options that are not on that screenshot are sort by Rating and a top250 filter.

Looks good. I can't wait to give it a try. The current version is still working fine for me though, so I can be patient. Smile
LaTropa64 Wrote:Looks good. I can't wait to give it a try. The current version is still working fine for me though, so I can be patient. Smile

Have you tried uploading any new episodes to your TV shows? The movie section is working fine for me, it's just that I can't add any new TV shows. I would prefer if billyad2000 fixed the broken TV shows before fixing the unbroken(at least for me) Movies section.
This is a great app that I use every single day. I must say thanks to billyad2000 for all the hard work and all the enjoyment your software has brought to my family and myself.... I can not wait to be able to get back to organizing my collection with this great app., and I am so sold on it that I have not even looked for another solution during the downtime, I am just keeping my finger crossed the new versions will be out soon.

2.292 had still been working for movies and all of a sudden when I opened it yesterday I got hit with an error as messagebox popped up telling me to please wait. nothing changed between it working and it not working except a windows update. maybe thats the issue?

the error info is below:
"See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Media_Companion.Form1.rebuild()
at Media_Companion.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Companion 2.292
Assembly Version: 2.2.9.2
Win32 Version: 2.2.9.2
CodeBase: file:///G:/Media%20Companion%202.292/Media%20Companion%202.292.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box."

I tried a bunch of things including deleting and reinstalling it on a diff hard drive and I even tried rolling back my .net to the last update just as a last resort... i am at a loss.

Is there an older build that still works with tv? I am finally getting my library set up on my xbox and I need to make a bunch of changes as well as add all the new episodes and shows building up in the incoming folder.

I have been using xbmc for a long time but due to some poor vision and small fonts I have never really bothered with the library feature opting to stick with big wide icons in file view... That being said I just thought I would ask the people of this forum whom I assume also have huge video collections if you ever have problems adding all of your media to your xbmc library. It keeps glitching out and hanging up on me... i am wondering if its a common issue or I need to check if maybe the build i am running has issues or my xboxs are finally close to the end... just thought i would throw that out there.

Also is there an easier way to create a db file of your library that can be imported onto all xbox's on the network that pull from the common shares? I added a few hundred gigs of movies and the xbox actually not only created a file when I told it to export my library but it was not at 0 file size (This was the first time out of 15 that it a> created the videodb file instead of just saying it did, and b> the file was not blank.) and I now plan on trying to import it on the 2nd xbox in the bedroom so that I only need to let is scan once vs the multiple scans it took for me to get all of the data loaded into the library the 1st time in order to generate the videodb file.

It would be so amazing that if in the future builds of (xbmc) media companion I could load my entire video library in all its nested file structured glory into MC and view all the art/posters/season thumbs/data to verify it is all set the way I want it and then have MC export it to a videodb.xml file just like xbmc does when you export your library.... then you would just need to import this single file whenever you make changes vs adding each movie or tv show into the library the old way.... making life much easier for those of us with a huge collection and multiple xbox's.
  • 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7