• 104(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
jtap06 Wrote:Have you tried uploading any new episodes to your TV shows? The movie section is working fine for me, it's just that I can't add any new TV shows. I would prefer if billyad2000 fixed the broken TV shows before fixing the unbroken(at least for me) Movies section.

Yeah, scanning new TV shows is working fine for me in the version I'm using right now (2.291).
jtap06 Wrote:I would prefer if billyad2000 fixed the broken TV shows before fixing the unbroken(at least for me) Movies section.

Your missing the point, the whole program was very interlinked. It could only be seen as a very complicated single entitly, this was a big part of the problem and the biggest reason for the rewrite. The code is now Object Based, with each function been clearly defined with very little overlap.

The problem is that the old code is simply not compatable, there is no way that I can keep tv shows working using the old code while using new code for the movies, at least not with it taking twice as long as simply rewriting the TV Show handler.

I could have started with the TV Section first, but in my opinion Movies will always be the backbone of the program.
Well it's good to hear that you are still supporting this program! The interface is not cluttered and is simple to use. In my opinion it is the best XBMC utility. I haven't tried Ember yet, simple because it does not support TV shows yet.

Hopefully I can find a solution to my episode error problem I have been having. I just got Band of Brothers in 720p HD and can't wait to add them! Smile
billyad2000,

are you keeping an eye on this thread?
HD media flagging coming to xbmc svn in a little while.
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
UPDATE: So over the weekend I had dinner at my brothers and brought my server pc and Xbox over to test out the library and smb issues I was having on a diff network. Turns out it was all due to the fios router and so I went home and set up a second network and now I have none of the issues with shows stopping and the library crashing during scanning! Woo Hoo and be forewarned future fios subscribers the Actiontec router works great for fios services but a lot of people whom use xbmc and this router have all sorts of smb and networking issues. Nuff sed.

While at my brothers house he was showing off his xbmc set up and we got to talking about the pros and cons of out media tagging programs, he uses MIP and I use MC, and here is what we felt they both lacked:

1) A Way to export collection data into a file format that can just be imported into an xbmc library (see above post for my rant on that). I mean we get the whole library loaded into program A, why not just have it export to a file program b can read and use? We moved the scrape off the Xbox and it got so much faster, my not remove the library creation as well… Just have a check box in the overview for each show/movie for include in library and anything that is selected gets compiled into the file for export…

2) An easy way to deal with collections of un-scrape able media files - UMM (un-scrape able media Mode).

a) TV:
Examples :
(i) Web based TV Shows and just really random stuff that is in a series format or you want to display it as if it had an order based again on file names. Gi Joe the epic saga, and torrentfreaktv are good examples of web based shows you cannot currently scrape episode info for anywhere, and podcasts or local TV shows where the info just is not out there on the current scrapers but you want to be able to view this stuff in your library as soon as you can after dl and just need basic tagging to allow for this..

(ii) bonus materials ripped from a TV season DVD.
I have the folder lost, inside that folder I have season 1, season 2, etc... which all scrape fine... but then I also have an Extras folder with interviews, deleted scenes, etc... all named decent enough to find what I am looking for in file view, but all of which is lost in library mode. It would be nice to be able to tag these enough for library view to pick them up and have them in a proper display order in as automated a way possible once I set the file names. I am aware of the options I have now for creating nfo files for each file individually but it would be so nice if you could:
(a) Select the folder in this new "UMM (un-scrapeable media Mode)" and set the show title data by hand connecting it to a TV show parent folder nfo (browse to it by hand or have it automated as they are normally in a subfolder of the TV show anyway) so it comes up under that show in library mode and pulls the show info from the right file vs. creating duplicate show entries with normal material under one and bonus material under the other...
(b) Pull the nfo info for each video file from the file name to populate the basic fields (even if you duplicate the info in title and plot/description). This is bonus materials and you are not going to find much info out there if any on these files so we are just looking for enough functionality to get by with this scrape. Users will realize the data is pulled from the file name and adjust their collections accordingly as needed.
© Set the season to 0 (default for bonus) while pulling an episode number from the file name (since most of the time there is only going to be one number in the file name this should work for most files without the need for further episode number edits and if for some reason the info is not pulled or is set incorrectly you can always change it with the editor in TV view after its initially scraped). Maybe have the season populated by the parent folder name with is most likely going to be "season 1" etc..., and if no number is found in the parent folder name then it defaults again to 0 for bonus materials/specials/extra whatever you want to call it. This scan should def be recursive as in the season 0/bonus/specials folder your probably going to have maybe some files and then sub folders such as deleted scenes, making of episodes, promo, materials, meet the actors, bloopers, etc… but as long as they get tagged as season 0 and have a unique episode title based on the file name you will be able to scan them into your library and display them for both playback in xbmc and editing in MC when you want to add ep thumbs and further info or whatever.

b) Home Movies:
i) It would be useful to be able to select Movie/TV/Music Video as well as select home movie which would write that as a genre tag at the same time it creates the nfo which is pulling info for the title and episode number if in TV mode based on the file name
ii) Example:
if you have a folder named kamaras 18th with video clips inside named whatever you want but designated with a unique number… lets use the example of “new tattoo p1, new tattoo p2, cake time, private present p1, & private present p2” it you would be able to set the "show title" to match the folder name and select “home movies” from the home movies genre check box. Since no parent TV show nfo is selected the default would be to create one for the folder… so the folder would scan under the library as a TV show* (home movies genre) named “kamaras 18th “ with episodes: S18E01- new tattoo p1, S18E02 new tattoo p2, S18E00 cake time, S18E01 private present p1, & S18E02 private present p2 and that way they would come up correct if sorted by name and if you wanted to play with the episode order you can do it by hand in editor and it would just be assigning them unique episode orders in the manner of your preference. If you moved those clips individual folders such as new tattoo, cake time, and private present then you would end up with episodes S00E01- new tattoo p1, S00E02 new tattoo p2, S00E00 cake time, S00E01 private present p1, & S00E02 private present p2… make sense? Maybe have the option to select a “show” to generate ass you add media to be scraped in UMM and all the media files added during that scrape would be designated episodes of the generated show…

*=’s I used TV show in the example because I have yet to see a good way to implement home movies into your movie library without it just becoming over crowded (my brothers movie library display is a mess and I prefer keeping it just movies and then having a TV show listing under series called “My Home Movies” (Not just Home Movies as things might get confused if you add Brendan Smalls classic cartoon show “home Movies”Wink and then have each event listed as a season and each clip split up as episodes for that season. This method offers everything adding them Under Movies does PLUS allows you to keep it all clean and easy to browse which adding them as separate or multi part movies can get messy and create duplicate entries and clutter. Is there a way to have a show with sub folders below it not named season in the library?

c) Music Videos
i) At this point in time we again have yet to see a decent presentation option for music videos in the library, so our thought (and how I am running it right now) is have a folder named Music Videos which has a nfo stating it is a TV show with no other info really, then I about 10 live shows in xvid format from friends bands which I have created nfo’s for where I assign episode number based on order of addition and pretty much make the file name the episode title. I pretty much just mocked up the nfo’s to make it appear as a single TV series and then it is easy to display it with all the bells and whistles today’s skins offer TV show display as well as easy to create and add to playlists containing your music video collection without having to change views, and your movie folder stays nice and neat while the only change to the TV folder is the addition of another series. I know that xbmcs staff is working hard to make it better all the time but I do not believe music videos are a focus and my suggestion is that you implement something that works well displaying the files using the existing builds of xbmc and people will rejoice and adjust to use the method you establish. I won’t say the way xbmc currently handles music videos is a flaw, but you have the opportunity to adjust the way we the users are able to use xbmc or view our media as yours is the tool we use to tag it. The way I am doing it is simple and I am not saying this is how it should be but let’s get the ball rolling with ideas while you are still working on movies and help to make the television shows section have everything we might possibly need.

In closing this long ramble let me thank you again Billy for all your great work, sorry if this is a bit anal but when my brother and I get together to analyze something we end up with a lot of notes…. We’re both full of lots of hot air Wink Also let me point out that at no point did we find the need to change anything with what your program does now. The only issues we both found with it have to deal with files not easily scraped and the UMM section would tag them enough so that reloading the folder and searching for TV episodes would solve any issues there. The only thing either of us preferred about MIP that your program does not offer is the notification of missing episodes when you load a series season. It found a few episodes I missed and that was pretty cool…. I will def be sticking with MC and check daily for the new build announcement. My brother left to try other stuff last month and as of yesterday he was planning on dropping MIP as soon as you get a new version out with both TV and movies… so know you’re doing a great job and keep up the good work!
Program interface now looks completelly different like 2 posts erlier. I don't know how to add folder with my movies and how to use scrapper to get info. Please advice.
Is posible to use different national scraper instead of imdb?
am having problems now with version 2.292 when scraping a movie i get this added to the end (0) and no info the nfo is blank if i try to get the info manually it crashes soi am stumped.

Error
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at Media_Companion.Form2.rescrape_movie()
   at Media_Companion.Form2.btnrescrape_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Companion 2.292
    Assembly Version: 2.2.9.2
    Win32 Version: 2.2.9.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/My%20Stuff/XBMC%20Stuff/Programs/Media%20Companion/Media%20Companion%202.292.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Im having the same problem
Looks like IMDB may have reformatted their web site, scraper programs are going to have to be rewritten for the new changes....not sure if the errors you folks are reporting above is because of this
2.292 here. Have not updated WinXP SP2 in months. IMDB scrapes quit working in the last couple of days. Unlike others, most TV shows scrape fine for me.
greybeard Wrote:2.292 here. Have not updated WinXP SP2 in months. IMDB scrapes quit working in the last couple of days. Unlike others, most TV shows scrape fine for me.

There is a new thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53640

get the latest version is:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=363...stcount=44
or
http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/
I'm still using this for TV Shows but I've just noticed that it's saving the rating as <Rating></Rating> instead of <rating></rating> which causes XBMC to ignore them.
Any chance this could be fixed until Gen2 works for TV Shows?
Hey guys,

I know I've seen this question asked (and answered!) elsewhere in the forums, but I've spent quite some time searching to no avail.

Does anyone know of a program that will take a directory of movies and put them in their own individual folders? I would like to do that before attempting to sort my media with Media Companion.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Wintermut3
wintermut3 Wrote:Hey guys,

I know I've seen this question asked (and answered!) elsewhere in the forums, but I've spent quite some time searching to no avail.

Does anyone know of a program that will take a directory of movies and put them in their own individual folders? I would like to do that before attempting to sort my media with Media Companion.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Wintermut3
Yeah, I'm looking for something similar for my music. Anyone?
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
I have version 2.291 and every time i try to scrape a movie i get this error

Length cannot be less than zero
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at Media_Companion.Form2.rescrape_movie()
   at Media_Companion.Form2.Button14_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Media Companion 2.291
    Assembly Version: 2.2.9.1
    Win32 Version: 2.2.9.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/-/Desktop/Media%20Companion%202.291/Media%20Companion%202.291.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7