• 8(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
flipped cracker Wrote:the play movie button works for me, although it picked the wrong media player. i think it should pick the default media player for the certain filetype. it chose winamp, which isn't associated with .avi file (which my movies are usually). vlc is the default avi player.

the File | Exit doesn't work for me.

You need to Associate .m3u extension with vlc

Just checked - File/Exit non functional. Oversite on my part, forgot to add the code for that menu option Blush. Will fix shortly
b) what I posted was the corrected words so you would know where to look, I think they are still mispelled in the app.

about c) the logfile unfortunately is in German, but here is the exception:
http://pastebin.com/m5779391
hotzenpl0tz Wrote:b) what I posted was the corrected words so you would know where to look, I think they are still mispelled in the app.

about c) the logfile unfortunately is in German, but here is the exception:
http://pastebin.com/m5779391

OK - I see what you mean - spelling fixed

Could you let me know the filename (or filenames if its a multipart movie) so I can try to duplicate the exception.
billyad2000 Wrote:You need to Associate .m3u extension with vlc

oh, nevermind then. i'd like to keep .m3u files associated with winamp since that's what i use for music playlists.
flipped cracker Wrote:oh, nevermind then. i'd like to keep .m3u files associated with winamp since that's what i use for music playlists.

Unfortunately this is the only way I can think of that will allow me to play media on external media player software that can handle multipart movies.

I could make it work as you would like, but only for single file movies.

Once i've found this bug that a few people are encountering then I can also give people the option to use an embedded Windows Media Player.
How about making the player user configurable. You would then pass on your m3u file to the player specified by the user and wouldn't have to touch file associations. Then you could maybe add a checkbox to allow for multipart handling, and if disabled just pass the .avi file instead without multipart support. But to be honest, I wouldn't put in too much effort here, the app is designed as a companion to xbmc - so that is what the user is probably going to use anyway. I just use the feature if I quickly want to check video quality or similar things.
was scanning thru my movies and got an idea.

Add a counter (since we count how many movies there are in the folder) you must be able to add a counter like "3 of 100 movies scanned"
billyad2000 Wrote:Unfortunately this is the only way I can think of that will allow me to play media on external media player software that can handle multipart movies.

I could make it work as you would like, but only for single file movies.

Once i've found this bug that a few people are encountering then I can also give people the option to use an embedded Windows Media Player.
to be honest, i'm probably never to going to play the movie through this program, so i'm not that worried about it.
got a few other things too..

1: when searching for example "starsky & hutch" there is a tv-show named the same.. maybe do a filter to not select that, think it even show like Starsky & Hutch (tv-series)

2: If there are a movie with the same name (Fun with Dick and Jane) the program often chooses the oldest.. I would like it the other way around..
Another "option" might be to rename the file as well to something that makes more sense and can be scrapped easier in the future.

Using the Fun with Dick and Jane example, if the file is currently called "fun with dick and Jane.avi", it could rename it to "fun with dick and jane (2005).avi".

Not sure how easy this would be but would help down the road once you have set up the proper movie with file it would be able to scrape it properly the next time.

Just an idea...
rtwight Wrote:Another "option" might be to rename the file as well to something that makes more sense and can be scrapped easier in the future.

Using the Fun with Dick and Jane example, if the file is currently called "fun with dick and Jane.avi", it could rename it to "fun with dick and jane (2005).avi".

Not sure how easy this would be but would help down the road once you have set up the proper movie with file it would be able to scrape it properly the next time.

Just an idea...

Unfortunately renaming in these cases would not help. It is IMDB that is the problem.

If you do an IMDB search for "fun with dick and jane (2005)" it returns the same results.

While "Media from" and "Popular Titles" returns the correct movie in this instance, the part of IMDB that gives the highest proportion of correct hits is "Titles (Exact Matches), even in "Exact Matches" though "fun with dick and jane (2005)" returns "Fun with Dick and Jane (1977)"

Their is no way to tell the difference. The best I could do was make it very quick to get the correct IMDB title (Edit Movie/Change Movie button). Once the nfo file contains the correct movie it will always be able to scrape the correct movie.
XBMC Media Companion latest version is 1.221

Main Changes since last release:-

3 preferences have been added for playing media files :-

Use default player (this will be whatever program has ".m3u" set as file association.

Use Windows Media Player - will open with WMP

Browse to your own player. If you want to set a different player than above without changing file associations.

Whatever you decide the preference will be saved to the config, as will the player path for option 3.

Limited playback support for trailers has been added. trailer filenames compatible with XBMC are supported i.e. :-

moviename.trailer.avi

or

moviename-trailer.avi

The extensions don't have to be the same (if I've missed any out then let me know)

Multipart movies would have the trailer named as the first part (moviename-cd1-trailer.mov)

A "play trailer" button appears next to the play movie button if such a trailer file exists.

Several Spelling Mistakes have been fixed

Only one instance of XBMC Media Companion can run now

Bug causing exception when trying to play media possibly fixed
I just tried the new version.
This error shows up when I try the embedded WMP thing: http://pastebin.com/m2a171f8e
This error, when I use default player: http://pastebin.com/m3c07411c
When I use the third opiton to specify the player, that works.

All this under Vista 32bit, German Version.

One thing I noticed, was that the path field at the bottom shows something like this:
N:\\N:\Walk The Line/ - for my mapped network drive, is that the intended behaviour ?
billyad2000 Wrote:Limited playback support for trailers has been added. trailer filenames compatible with XBMC are supported

Awesome, thanks billyad2000.
Can't wait to try this out (fyi your download link on your site is not presently working) Confused
maybe now that things are getting more stable, you should look into adding tv-shows to the program also Smile
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7