• 2(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
i also get this error sometimes when scraping for new movies. the info window doesn't go away and i can't do anything else in the program without closing it and opening it back up.

this is what it looks like when it happens:
Download version 1.02 here

Ok - for those of you encountering crashes I think i've got it fixed.

The program searches for nfo files with the movies, which I assumed would be xbmc formatted xml files. I didn't take into account nfo files which are not formatted correctly.
The Crash should now be fixed and such movies will just show as blank. To get the movie nfo just edit this movie and do a manual search from the edit form via the "change movie" button

flipped cracker Wrote:i also get this error sometimes when scraping for new movies. the info window doesn't go away and i can't do anything else in the program without closing it and opening it back up.

The reason for this error was IMDB returning zero results for the search, renaming the file from
"3 10 to Yuma[2007]DvDrip[Eng]"
to
"310 to Yuma"
would fix this.
For those who don't want to do this a blank nfo will be saved and a manual search will have to be done as above. The program should not freeze anymore.

flipped cracker Wrote:it would also be nice if you could have the option of scanning recursively. i keep all my movies in it's own separate folder inside my main "movies" folder, and would like to just add the movies folder and have it find all my movies. it doesn't find them if they're not in the exact folder you add to the program.
This was the planned behaviour and has now been fixed

Rand Al Thor Wrote:Perhaps a croping tool for thumbs with white space as well. These are just suggestions. This thing is great!
Simple cropping is now possible

Download version 1.02 here
Great! It's working nicely now.
Would it be possible to implement an option to handle the folder names in the selected directory as movie names and save the data in that folder?

That would result in many more initial matches in my case. I use one directory per movie and leave the movie names as they are so I can find subtitles easier based on the original name afterwards. That way also other files wouldn't be listed.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
In addition to my previous post. Maybe the coverart can be saved in the movie directory to, optionally.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
I just downloaded 1.02 and running it on a vista machine scanning my movies on a server. It crashes every time:

http://pastebin.com/m2612b068

It locks just like flipped cracker shows his post
working a lot better. another issue i came across, some of my movies are split into 2 files, and the program is finding both of them and doing a search for each of them, and then making an nfo file for both of them. is there a way to see the files as one if they have some sort of naming convention (i.e. movie_name_cd1.avi and movie_name_cd2.avi).

one more thing... for the movies that already have an nfo file, that file is getting added as a movie, as well as the program writing it's own nfo, which creates 2 entries for the same movie. maybe you can ask if you want to delete the old nfo, or overwrite it or something.

and i noticed that in the xml that gets written to the nfo file, there isn't an "imdbnumber" field, but instead it's "id". not sure if it makes a difference, but that's how it is in the xbmc manual.

in response to Bram, i'm set up similar to you, and the new version is keeping everything in each movie's folder like you want. doesn't use the folder names as the movies though, and that would be a good option.
oh, one more thing i just found, if a movie has an empty nfo, it shows the actor thumb, file and path from the last movie that had a completed nfo.
It would be great if the program also saves next to the .tbn, folder.jpg (I think renaming the .tbn does the trick). Then I also see folders with a picture when browsing.

great program!!
I would be very neat to have the optional "folder lookup" function. All my movies are in correctly named folders but my movie names come just as download from the scene and my nfo's typically only contain txt with the imbd reference (which is changing now!!!)
terminalx Wrote:I just downloaded 1.02 and running it on a vista machine scanning my movies on a server. It crashes every time:

http://pastebin.com/m2612b068

It locks just like flipped cracker shows his post

I notice from your later posts that you seem to have solved this problem, did you narrow down what was causing the issue?
I stopt scannen actually and I am doing manual lookups one-for-one...I hoped that the error would tell you something. I will have a look again Smile
terminalx Wrote:I stopt scannen actually and I am doing manual lookups one-for-one...I hoped that the error would tell you something. I will have a look again Smile

Any chance you could let me know the file names of a few of the files that cause the issue. it will help me track the problem down
this is where it hangs...

Starting Folder Scan
170 movies without nfo's Found
Scanning IMDB For Appleseed.2004.DVDRip.XviD.AC3-NDRT-cd1
Appleseed.2004.DVDRip.XviD.AC3-NDRT-cd1IMDB returned no results, Empty nfo saved
Use the editor to change movie and manually find
Scanning IMDB For Appleseed.2004.DVDRip.XviD.AC3-NDRT-cd2
Appleseed.2004.DVDRip.XviD.AC3-NDRT-cd2IMDB returned no results, Empty nfo saved
Scanning IMDB For ccfactory.fs.cd1.lrc.xvid
ccfactory.fs.cd1.lrc.xvidIMDB returned no results, Empty nfo saved
Scanning IMDB For ccfactory.fs.cd2.lrc.xvid
ccfactory.fs.cd2.lrc.xvidIMDB returned no results, Empty nfo saved
Scanning IMDB For hls-cwtc
hls-cwtcIMDB returned no results, Empty nfo saved
Scanning IMDB For criminal
This is truly a nice piece of software.
To put it more in line with XBMC, I would like to suggest the following:
a) Offer the option to use folder names for scraping (a la XBMC). My setup relies on that, and most definately other's.
b) Use already present*.tbn files instead of scraped thumbs, for those that you actually bothered to find the most appropriate thumb. (It looks like it overwrote all my custom tbns!!)
c) Don't automatically save tbns. Those who use IMPA or movieposters may not appreciate them being overridden by "crappy" imdb thumbs.
(At least allow people to choose wheather to save them, default off)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:c) Don't automatically save tbns. Those who use IMPA or movieposters may not appreciate them being overridden by "crappy" imdb thumbs.
(At least allow people to choose wheather to save them, default off)

I think having the option to scrape these other sites as well for thumbs would be the only other feature I could suggest. IMDB usually has crappy thumbs so most of mine are from impa or movieposters. Also what and how are the scraped images handled? Does it resize them? It would be nice to have an option like in xbmc itself to set thumb size. Those of us using linux/windows versions with the extra horsepower to display big pretty images would appreciate keeping the highest quality possible.

Also, thanks for the addition of cropping. It works great! Cheers and keep up the great work.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7