• 3(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
One more thing. Votes seems to return "votes:" instead of an actual integer. I figured that was probably not what it was supposed to do.
Version 1.03 is now ready to try.

Download Here

Bugfix: Votes storing "votes : " in said field during autoscrape now fixed.

Bugfix: Actor thumb is now blanked when displaying an empty nfo

Option added to stop automatically overwriting existing thumbs with imdb thumbnails. This is now the default. Their is a checkbox to force overwrite on the edit form.

Option to use folder names instead of filename. This is for all those who store each movie in it's own folder. It allows IMDB to use the folder name as for its search. In addition this is used to populate the combobox list
good stuff! I will give a shot later today and let you know how it goes. Cheers.
I just tried the scan by folder name option, but it doesn't seem to be working with my setup. I have a network drive mapped to z:, and that is where all my movie subfolders are. This happens:

hotzenpl0tz Wrote:I just tried the scan by folder name option, but it doesn't seem to be working with my setup. I have a network drive mapped to z:, and that is where all my movie subfolders are. This happens:

Could you try this version - let me know if it's fixed

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-05db8f6b.html
Yep, fixed it. Thanks, will try later !
Thanks for the quick response.
I'd rather not save imdb tbns with the movies as per default, is that something you are willing to consider?
(Then perhaps save the tbns in a thumbs subfolder of the program location)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:Thanks for the quick response.
I'd rather not save imdb tbns with the movies as per default, is that something you are willing to consider?
(Then perhaps save the tbns in a thumbs subfolder of the program location)

The Default behaviour is NOT to save the IMDB thumbnail.

When you re-scrape a movie via the edit screen the IMDB thumbs wiull be downloaded, But unless select to overwrite via the checkbox, it wont be saved.

The auto scan should only save imdb thumbnail if a tbn file doesn't already exist
Version 1.032

Several bugfixes effecting program stability

download
Cool,

The XBMC behavior for foldernames scraping is to use them for files within subfolders, but it falls back to filename scraping if there is a standalone file in the folder.
Media companion uses the parent folder name in that case (movies etc which of course retuns nothing Wink )
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Couple of quirks, observed using foldername scraping:
1) if a movie that has not been scraped is selected, thumbs for the last selected movies will be shown.
2) File: will be shown as <foldername>.nfo rather than <actual filename>.nfo
Wouldn't it be best to read the filename rather than generate it?
3) If incorrectly detected, "Re-Scrape Movie" will not open the dialog the allows "select another title", it will simply rescrape the data of that incorrect movie.
sho Wrote:Couple of quirks, observed using foldername scraping:
1) if a movie that has not been scraped is selected, thumbs for the last selected movies will be shown.
2) File: will be shown as <foldername>.nfo rather than <actual filename>.nfo
Wouldn't it be best to read the filename rather than generate it?
3) If incorrectly detected, "Re-Scrape Movie" will not open the dialog the allows "select another title", it will simply rescrape the data of that incorrect movie.

1 - will fix soon

2 - The Full filename and path is stored, but for the first versions a seperate variable existed which contained only the filename, This is still the case when using filename scans, but for folder scans the folder title is stored instead. I overlooked the File label text, will fix soon

3 - re-scrape was more for files that already had the correct nfo file but perhaps had scraping errors, or maybe people wanted to update the movie stats etc. There is an option to change the movie within the edit form. I'll look into adding a seperate menu item to start this from the main window.

For your point from the previous post, the ability to use foldernames for the search is optional and only should be used by those who have only one movie in a correctly named folder. This was for the benefit of a couple of previous posters who stored their movies like this :-

Appleseed.2004.DVDRip.XviD.AC3-NDRT-cd1
Appleseed.2004.DVDRip.XviD.AC3-NDRT-cd2
ccfactory.fs.cd1.lrc.xvid
ccfactory.fs.cd2.lrc.xvid
hls-cwtc

As you can see IMDB would return no results for the above filenames. They did however say that each movie was in a correctly named subfolder. So I added a method which allowed the program to use the foldername instead.

This is also purely optional. In the Menubar/options, make sure the "Use Folder names instead of Filenames" is not checked. If this option is not checked then the program will use the filenames (minus the extension) for IMDB searches.

For people who have unformatted movie filenames such as those above, and have them all stored in a common drive then I would recommend that the movies are scraped in the normal filename way. This will still give zero IMDB accuracy, but these can be corrected manually. If all those movies are stored in a common folder, say "movies", then the combobox would show every movie as "movie".

For those that don't like the folder names listed in the combobox and would prefer the original filename then after the scan is complete and all the nfo's have been added then you can disable the folder name option to get the original view.
trying the new version now, but i wanted to say thanks for the hard work, and the fast responses to the bugs we come across.

i also wanted to mention something else, just as an FYI. if you add movies to the program, and it writes a blank nfo, make sure you update it before updating your XBMC library. i had a bunch of movies that i hadn't updated yet and XBMC went by the nfo instead of scraping for the movie itself and i ended up with a bunch of blank entries. not really a big deal because i'll update them and then update the library, but i was a little confused at first.
still having an issue with movies that have more than one file associated with it. i'm even using the folder name instead of the filename, and am ending up with 2 nfo files. i think it's just happening on the initial scrape though, because if i delete the second one and re-scrape, it only saves one. it might also be doing 2 thumbnails on the initial scrape.

also, whenever i have to manually search for the title (in the edit screen), i always got a popup from imdb. it's pretty annoying. it'd be nice if it used the default web browser (FF for me) so you get the features of that browser (like adblock and such).

i love that you can choose the thumbnail you want. i'd like to see it start over from the beginning if you get to the end and keep going. and maybe if you change the thumbnail, it can automatically check the box to overwrite the old one. more than once i've forgotten to check it and i have to re-scrape and then find the one i wanted.

i've also had it do an initial scrape and find the movie, but not save the thumbnail (saved everything else though). so i had to go in and re-scrape for it to save the thumbnail.

overall, it's coming along nicely thought.
New Build looks great! I still wish it would scrape more than imdb for posters though as I have manually entered a url for a poster on every nfo I have created. Other than that this thing is awesome Wink Thanks again.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7