Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
ajp8164 Offline
Jeroen - Saw your post on the DXVA thread... FYI - no need to port Focus to MP if BrokenCodes pans out (sorry :ooSmile... very exciting news though!
find quote
ajp8164 Offline
Jeroen Wrote:Andy, I don't really know anything about the MP skinning engine. I've looked at it once a long time ago, and it seemed quite similar to skinning for xbmc. But I don't know the limitations of the MP skinning engine, so I can't really say. Focus makes quite extensive use of visibility conditionals, I don't know if MP has something comparable.
That said, I don't mind Focus being ported to MediaPortal as long as credit is given. About the image sources, they will be made available on the SVN once I get everything sorted out.
Thanks for the kind words Smile

Jeroen - I've started down the path of attempting a port to MP. Would love to have the image source. If you can share them privately I can assure you that they won't get out. In the event that I am successful in porting Focus I would not release without your approval (since MP does not pack/protect images). Consideration appreciated.
-Andy
find quote
ubermac Offline
I'd love to really give this skin a run but it comes up black on my G4 Mini w/ XBMC.

Sad sad sad...
find quote
homesnake Offline
first just want to say thanks for the great skin, I'm a big fan of functional/minimal stuff.

I've only been testing this out for a day so apologies if this has been covered before, but one thing that doesn't seem to be working is in the itunes/screensaver area. So under preferences/visualization I choose "Now Playing". when the screensaver kicks in all I get is a black screen. If I choose some kind of iTunes visualization (OpenGL or whatever) it works fine. I don't care for the visualization effects though, but I would like to be able to see my album covers. I switched to the built in Mediastream skin and the "Now Playing" option display correctly for the screensaver.

I am running Plex 0.8.2 and whatever Focus build was on Google code as of Aug 22nd

Smile

Thanks again for all your work
find quote
Sranshaft Offline
Posting Freak
You'd probably have to ask over on the Plex forums.

[Image: all-thin-fanart.jpg]
find quote
homesnake Offline
I will give ask over there, thanks
find quote