• 17(current)
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request
the other way you can do it is split a file into 299 mb chunks using something like winrar so it goes *.rar.01, *.rar.02 etc., then use mediafire to upload them all sequentially, but hopefully the two-minute helps a bit!
cheeha Wrote:I noticed this problem aswell, most of the time fastforward & rewind crashes my xbox.

I did also notice that the audio & video go out of sync slightly but is fixed by fastforwarding slighly.

Let me know if you'd like any more samples John?

OH yes rewind crashes my xbox quite a bit and doesn't work too well with _any_ file format really, because all my stuff is played across the network; I just use the 7 second recall in it's place though so I don't bother with it. The fast forward thing crashing at seven minutes with 32x speed is new to the latest version though, for my sample at least.

If your a/v goes out of sync and you're using the latest mplayer.dll from John, upload a 40 minute sample here because I had the same problem and he ended up fixing it Smile

I must say, what the hell was Microsoft thinking when they created this file format? It seems like all of us have the same problems specific to our region or something, and now with Mediaportal using it too it's even more ubiquitous.
some more free upload sites:

http://www.badongo.com/ (up to a gig)
http://www.uploadline.com/ (down right now but should be up tomorrow, have to sign up free for a gig)
I'm been sharing my findings with the MPlayer devs over the last few days and, based on the information I supplied, the FFMpeg guy got interested and went ahead and extended the ffmpeg asf demuxer to use the dvr-ms timestamps that I discovered. I've tested it myself and asked someone else to test it on a bunch of HD content and it seems to work perfectly.

At this point I think we should switch back to using the ffmpeg demuxer to play dvr-ms files because it is currently more able to deal with the new timestamps. There isnt yet a consensus among the mplayer devs on how to proceed with extending the native mplayer demuxer to handle the dvr-ms tiemstamps. There may be some general mplayer demuxer design limitations that will need to addressed first. I have a working prototype but, as we know, there are still some glitches in it.

I know there may be some problems with this approach regarding seeking and audio but I believe I know how to solve them. Is someone willing to port the latest ffmpeg changes to the xbmc version and then let me know. At that point I will try to fix any remaining issues we find and submit patches for them. Once I have a working dll I'll post it somewhere and report back here and hopefully then we can get some feedback on how well it works.

Let me know if you think this isnt a good idea for any reason (such as issues with a bigger mplayer.dll)

John
anyone having trouble advancing (f. fwd or skip) within a file that is currently being written to by MCE? I cannot f. fwd at all, and when trying to skip ahead... it'll only advance a few seconds.
Any updates?
np, will make sure our libavformat is updated to the most recent abit later. we allways have libavformat compiled in anyway.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:np, will make sure our libavformat is updated to the most recent abit later. we allways have libavformat compiled in anyway.

Dont do it yet - I think I've finally got a solution that doesnt require lavf and should also be acceptable to the mplayer devs. I hope to post a prototype soon.

John
good luck in doing this & thanks!

this feature will integrate xbmc nicely with my mce pc. at the moment i have to convert all the dvr-ms files first using DVRMStoMPEGGUI (which is a drag) before i can watch them without sync problems...
John Donaghy Wrote:Dont do it yet - I think I've finally got a solution that doesnt require lavf and should also be acceptable to the mplayer devs. I hope to post a prototype soon.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P58WYF3I

Here's the latest test version. It took me longer than I though because my build environment got screwed up somehow. Thanks to elupus for helping me get it sorted out.

This version is still built on the older version of mplayer but the next one wont be (promise!). So the aspect ratio will probably be wrong in some cases. But I'm hoping there wont be sync issues especially for 720i, plus it is along the lines of what should be acceptable to the main mplayer project. Let me know how you get on - and of course back up your old mplayer.dll in case this one doesnt work!

BTW has anyone got any 1080p ATSC recordings from a PAL region - I know they wont play on an xbox but I still need a sample of one of these. It's the only type I havent seen. If you do, even a very short clip would be really helpful. Cheers....

John
Tried a one-hour recording... no sync issues at all.
Great stuff!!! Big Grin
no sync issues either, after a quick try on an 1hr recording. I do lose sound whenever I skip backwards in the video.... advancing fixes the problem!
Also tried quickly and it's looking good Smile I don't get a crash after fast forwarding for a while with this new dll which is great and of course a/v sync seems good as well.

(my region is ntsc canada analog cable)

Thanks again John
no joy at all for me. no sync at all.stays consistently out until i use the FF or Rewind controls then it just goes awol Shocked

recording pal on hauppage tv dvb card. watching over hard wired network,
Thanks to everyone who's tested the new version.

djdanger Wrote:no joy at all for me. no sync at all.stays consistently out until i use the FF or Rewind controls then it just goes awol Shocked

recording pal on hauppage tv dvb card. watching over hard wired network,

Can you post a short clip (15 seconds) where someone is talking?

John
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request2