• 5(current)
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request
er? neither? what do you mean, it does or doesn't work?
sorry for my bad english,
i mean the newest version doesn't work
dam it! ok, thanks for the updates, keep them coming!

its only a matter of time before it works.
before the support for the dvr-ms is added, seems that videolan streaming to xbox method is a possible solution...
any people tried videolan to play dvr-ms file?
er? videolan?
anybody else out there that would like support for their dvr-ms files?
there has been moderate talk of dvr-ms files on this forum, more so since mplayer implemeted the files. unfortunately it isn't working for xbmc yet. ( as of the 3-12 build, but i'm sure if someone got it to work in xbmc it would be somewhere here or in the x-s forum)

here is the largest thread in the forum: ms dvr-ms video container support
i don't know if this will help, but i found this post on an mplayer mailing list that talks about playing dvr-ms files in mplayer.

dvr-ms in mplayer

i did a test directly in mplayer and it did play (no audio though).

anyone have an idea on how to get this working on the xbox?
i know this is a long shot, but can xbmc play dvr-ms files recorded on an actual windows media center?

if not, is there even a chance that this will be implemented? or is there copy protection against it.
(clueo8 @ april 24 2005,23:42 Wrote:i know this is a long shot, but can xbmc play dvr-ms files recorded on an actual windows media center?

if not, is there even a chance that this will be implemented? or is there copy protection against it.
i'll save you the embarrasment of being told to go and search the boards, as you *really* should have done, but i'll sum it up for you because i'm such a nice guy.

no, it does not currently play it.

it may in the future, because mplayer can play it.

it is not clear whether anyone is actively working towards it at this moment, but last i heard, if you grabbed the right files with the right settings it would play without audio.

another option someone mentioned was using videolan to transcode and broadcast to the xbmc but no-one stepped up and explained exactly how to make that happen with dvr-ms files.

the releavent thread:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;hl=dvr
for videolan to work w/transcoding, you first have to transcode to a format vlan can play natively (mpeg, avi, xvid, etc.) then stream it to your xbox via a vlan playlist.

there are alot of programs that can transcode dvr-ms files. some free, some not - but once its transcoded you can just stream the files however you want (smb or your xbmc media server of choice) and don't need vlan at all.

here are two free programs.

automated dvr-ms to mpeg

graphrenderer

i have only used automated dvr>mpeg, but graphrenderer offers some sort of commercial skip/strip as well as transcode.

automated dvr is awesome ime.
i just use the autodvrconvert i got from tbg to a smb and play them through xbmc from there. takes up twice the space on your mce, but you can set it do delete the dvr-ms file once its done converting.
for all who are interested, autodvrconvert will soon have an update with an internal xns server. this internal xns server will help integration mce with xbmc. for owners of hauppauge pvr cards, there will be an option to watch life tv within xbmc. (also, through the xns share)

stay tuned.......
Sad 
(heimiko @ may 25 2005,12:42 Wrote:for all who are interested, autodvrconvert will soon have an update with an internal xns server. this internal xns server will help integration mce with xbmc. for owners of hauppauge pvr cards, there will be an option to watch life tv within xbmc. (also, through the xns share)
hmm, someone should tell them that the xns-protocol was made obsolete a long time ago in favour of the xbms-protocol (which for example ccxstream and ccgui uses) :hmm:
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i've found a solution for the time being.

autodvrconvert - autodvrconvert will automaticly convert your mce recorded television files into mpeg files (ready for playback on your xbox!Wink

http://www.mcesoft.nl/index.p....t&cat=2

works a treat :thumbsup:
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request2