[RELEASE] Infinity TV Script
Rainbow 
Scripts have been added to XBMCScripts.com, I dunno how long they will be before they show up, but I have added them. Wink
i can add it to addons, but is it complete you mentioned a next version. if it will be awhile. i'll add it.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
scripts approved @ xbmcscripts.com
Just a quick note on my progress. I was finally able to get the list cleaned up so it could be added to the script.

Most channels in the list will need testing. Some will need removal, for instance the HD channel from Czech Rep. While very clear stops and locks up the box forcing a hard reboot.

With some persistance and blittan clarifying my attempt to establish a filter on the list of channels. The filter now works and all channels except the originals that infinity started the script with are filtered by country..

I would like to get a few more things tweaked and then I'll pass my changes to Infinity for him to run the list through the parser he has to clean it further. Then the added channels and improvements should be available for all..

Thanks,

FC
OK,

I'm just going to release the changes that I have made to Infinity TV. I was going to leave it up to Infinity but it appears he's busy and I don't really feel like waiting to get this out any longer...Cool

Infinity TV script zip:
http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/53ccb0f48a_0.76MB

Changes:
* Upper left of the screen shows the channel filter by country in a label.
** Added approx 1600 channels Cool
NOTE-> Some channels do not stream 24-7 and some may possibly have dead links.It's hard to tell but I've already removed a bunch that didn't cooperate with the mediaplayer.
-> The channel list I obtained is alittle under 1yr old.. Locations and time zones may determine what actually plays. So it's pot-luck my friends one daya channel may play and another it won't. I can't control that, sorry.
-> Beware of the HD channels they may lock-up the xbox.Eek

****Channels are indeed now filtered by country except the originals they are at the top of list ..

Later, I'll try to get the Channel info off the white button to work.. If I don't start any new scripts.Nerd

Constructive feedback will be accepted....

Enjoy,

FC
First of all thanks very much for the hard work guys, the Infinity TV script is looking really well.

Some feedback, firstly to f8lcoder I tried this version out and I could see the list of countries and scroll through, but it wouldnt let me select one for some reason no matter what button I pressed.

Also if I can ask for advice generally, I'm running XBMC using a pretty current T3CH release and opening pretty much the majority of channels in Infinity TV causes it xbox the freeze.

I get the black opening connection screen, which is shown faintly on the screen, and about half a second of video / sound from the channel before it freezes on the screen. Anyone else noticed this? I haven't made any changes to router ports, xbmc cache sizes etc - should I?

TMF Netherlands plays perfectly, I don't expect every single channel to work but it would be nice if it didn't crash cos then I have to get up and reboot it hehe Laugh
Biscuits,

I'll check into possibly why you weren't able to make a selection from the channel list.

But it's already not making much sense as I used the numeric inkeycode that the button returns when pressed. Unless the numeric button codes are different on various xbox models.

But I doubt that is the issue. I'd say your download may not have been complete or got corrupted somehow. I'm thinking the free file host site may not keep the files for very long anyway so I'll upload it again in couple days.

I just officially got married so I'm little busy now.

As far as channels locking up, channels with HD content from my altered version of the script will do that. I didn't identify all of them since it was over 1200 channels in the list and it wasn't a priority.

If my memory serves me right, while I was coding I had the media player cache nearly maxed out. I'd try adjusting this upwards from the default values. I've experienced really long loading times for the channels but if they time out or take too long it normally just sends you back to the list without locking up the xbox.

Try getting a clean copy of the script and re-installing it, adjust your video cache up max it out or nearly maxed out then adjust it downward until you experience a change in performance. Then find the sweet spot for your machine/environment. Video cache size can affect performance on plugin's too so once you change it test everything. What may work for this script may not work for plugin's especially those using veohproxy or streamplugserver.

Leave a post if you get it working and what you had to do to get it functioning for you so others can reference it if they experience the same problems.

Thanks,

FC
scarybiscuits66 Wrote:Some feedback, firstly to f8lcoder I tried this version out and I could see the list of countries and scroll through, but it wouldnt let me select one for some reason no matter what button I pressed.

Also if I can ask for advice generally, I'm running XBMC using a pretty current T3CH release and opening pretty much the majority of channels in Infinity TV causes it xbox the freeze.

I get the black opening connection screen, which is shown faintly on the screen, and about half a second of video / sound from the channel before it freezes on the screen. Anyone else noticed this? I haven't made any changes to router ports, xbmc cache sizes etc - should I?

TMF Netherlands plays perfectly, I don't expect every single channel to work but it would be nice if it didn't crash cos then I have to get up and reboot it hehe Laugh

Are you using your remote of pad? On my remote, selecting a country or leaving 1nfinity both don't work. Pad works fine.

I have the same problem with the freezing xbox on quite a few channels e.g. in '1finity Originals' the 'Toon TV - Germany' channel.

I use;

XBMC-SVN_2008-09-01_rev15293-T3CH
Infinity TV Script June 2008
buffersize: 256, 2048, 16384

Maybe it would be a good feature to have to be able to add channels to your own favorite list.
I've been keeping track of this and after the last post I have a couple observations:

When working on this script the xbox remote wasn't considered in programming the navigation. If it worked in the oringinal script I couldn't tell you why. So navigating the lists and making selections are programmed around the xbox game controller dpad and buttons.

I just did a fresh Tech install from the 9/6 build 'I think thats the date'. Anyway I was able to test a few channels including the German Toon TV channel and it worked perfectly. So I'm not sure what could be causing lock-ups on anyone elses machine other than network traffic and/or connection speed.

Something to Note - When I ran the script without Veoh proxy running in the background I had minimal if any problems. But If it was running, there were lock-ups during the caching of some ot the channels.

So when you run this script make sure you turn off the Veoh Proxy script and you may have more success.

When I get more time I'll see if there is anything else that can be done to make this script more useable.

Cheers

FC
Indeed youre right. Lazyness on my side, after 2 times rebooting I assumed it was broken. Checked just now and it didn't lock-up the second time I tried.
I have no Veoh running.
I have my buffers at 2048 now as that seems the best for me.
Still have lock-ups one in a while.

btw it still is my fav app
scarybiscuits66 Wrote:First of all thanks very much for the hard work guys, the Infinity TV script is looking really well.

Some feedback, firstly to f8lcoder I tried this version out and I could see the list of countries and scroll through, but it wouldnt let me select one for some reason no matter what button I pressed.

Same problem here. I can scroll through the list but cant select any channel with the remote.
Question 
Hi to all not sure who i have to speak to i will like to know if the channel the Dominican Rep and Puerto Rico which are in wwitv site can be add to infinity tv that will be great ok thanks .Huh
nuttypro69,

I just checked and I've identified how to grab the streams from this site, I was actually thinking of making it and all of it's contents a script .

So if passing the stream to the mediaplayer will work, .asx didn't work well in the past and were removed from the channel list for InfinityTV. Confused

But, if upgrades to XBMC have opened this up then I may be able to accomodate your channel additions. Cool

I can't promise it, but when I get some free time I'll attempt it.

FC
Exclamation 
Hi F8LCODER any luck with channel from WWITV yet ,please let me know thanks again .
NuttyPro,

I managed to get the channels added to bottom of the Dom. Rep. channel list. I'm going to go ahead let it fly but I've notices that the mms streams have not exactly been loading up. This could be just because the stream was not available at the time that I tested it. I'm going to look at it some more later and attempt to cram the asx through the media player if that works then many of the channels that may not be working now can be fixed.

Anyhow, I think I only missed once channel out of the list as it had some sort of peer to peer type format and I couldn't get the page or stream to load.

So far so good, I'll try to update the navigation with remote in the future. The navigation through the channel list still requires the xbox controller.

Here's the link:

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/7108129ed4_0.74MB

Enjoy Cool

Cheers,

FC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Infinity TV Script1