v18 Android-Tv: play button not working during FF
Same Issue with NVIDIA Shield, FLIRC, and a Logitech 650 remote. Play button only pauses when in fast-forward, instead of resuming play. Tried multiple re-mappings, and different options for "play" buttons in FLIRC (Kodi, WMC, Media Key), with no change.

Oddly enough, the "p" keyboard key still works as expected, but re-mapping the play button to "p" breaks every other app.
(2019-02-06, 20:54)mabba18 Wrote: Same Issue with NVIDIA Shield, FLIRC, and a Logitech 650 remote. Play button only pauses when in fast-forward, instead of resuming play. Tried multiple re-mappings, and different options for "play" buttons in FLIRC (Kodi, WMC, Media Key), with no change.
 That's not quite the same thing as being reported here. With this problem the Play button has no effect during fast forward or rewind, it doesn't pause.
(2019-02-08, 10:59)zimouo Wrote: ello think in spite of the fact that I haven't appeared in this guide you can even tap on compress documents and peruse the substance and even duplicate records from the compress to another area - the duplicate direction will extricate the record from the compress.
I have a feeling that you are either trolling or have absolutely no idea what you are doing here.

In any case, stop posting useless texts or a size 11 boot will come your way.
I have the same issue, very annoying.
When using Kore (Kodi remote app on Android) on my phone, it responds to the play button.
But when I press play on the remote to my Philips TV, it does not respond. Pause, then Play is the workaround.
So I guess it is something with the CEC handling in Kodi 18 that is broken, because it used to work in 17.6 before I upgraded to 18.
With the past couple of builds, this problem has gone away for me.  It appears that the bug has been fixed.

Is anyone still having this problem (with the latest build of 18.1)?  If not, I will close the Github problem in three days.
(2019-03-19, 19:30)mrthink Wrote: With the past couple of builds, this problem has gone away for me.  It appears that the bug has been fixed.

Is anyone still having this problem (with the latest build of 18.1)?  If not, I will close the Github problem in three days.
 Confirmed as fixed on my Sony KDL-50W805C after updating to 18.1. Thanks  Smile
Back working on my Sony tv too. Thanks!
I rebooted my TV today and must have picked up a new drop (compiled on 3/11).  The problem is back but the result is slightly different when hitting the play button on the remote while fast forrwarding: the keymap displays at the bottom of the screen (pause, ff, settings, etc.) along with the text summary of the show I am watching.  The show continues to fast-forward.
I picked up build 3/21 today and the problem is fixed again.

I will cycle through one more build to ensure the fix stays before closing the Github open bug.
I'm using an Amazon Fire TV Stick, just updated to V18 and have exactly the same problem i.e. pressing FF then Play/Pause on the remote results in Pause rather than Play. Also a 3 to 5 second delay in the sound re-starting.
(2019-04-22, 16:10)tmarshall57 Wrote: I'm using an Amazon Fire TV Stick, just updated to V18 and have exactly the same problem i.e. pressing FF then Play/Pause on the remote results in Pause rather than Play. Also a 3 to 5 second delay in the sound re-starting.
.....however I've only just seen the response above so I will try a later build. I am on 20190128-d81c34c
(2019-04-22, 16:15)tmarshall57 Wrote:
(2019-04-22, 16:10)tmarshall57 Wrote: I'm using an Amazon Fire TV Stick, just updated to V18 and have exactly the same problem i.e. pressing FF then Play/Pause on the remote results in Pause rather than Play. Also a 3 to 5 second delay in the sound re-starting.
.....however I've only just seen the response above so I will try a later build. I am on 20190128-d81c34c 
I've loaded the latest nightly build 2019042-910276e130 and the FF/Pause function works as before without the loss of sound on play after FF.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android-Tv: play button not working during FF0