I need a decent build for next to no money...
the case i mentioned has USB @ the front.. so you could make a nice silver dongle.. the IR eye is overal the same now adays.. as long as LIRC supports it.. you can program LIRC to do whatever you want on the button push...

owyeah that motherboard has geforce 7300 .. OpenGL 2 & Pixel shader 3.0 (looked it up)
http://www.usbgear.com/U1-FIR-IRDA.html
something like that,i'll try to score that one on ebay orsomething.. and tell you how it works..
althekiller Wrote:As of now (and the foreseeable future) so long as you have OpenGL 2.0 or better and Pixel Shader model 3.0 or better you should see no performance increases.
I've heard some conflicting information on this. Someone (I think Pike?) said that video card capabilities past the base OGL2.0/SM3 do make a difference, just a smallish one. This was in a thread where another poster could play the birds clip on this 3Ghz C2D with an 8500GT while I couldn't on my 3Ghz C2D with a built-in 7150. What's the final answer?
My guess is that there will be a difference if the card has it's own ram instead of sharing. with a card that uses systemram there could be a bandwith issue with 1080p sampels alot of reading / writing to system ram. best way to test this would be to try the system with diffrente speed on integrated ram.
Lirc fires up in minutes flat with the Microsoft MCE remote setup. I'm shocked that a search didn't find that since I've stated it about 20 times now. Costs about $25 on ZipZoomFly too.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
rodalpho Wrote:This was in a thread where another poster could play the birds clip on this 3Ghz C2D with an 8500GT while I couldn't on my 3Ghz C2D with a built-in 7150. What's the final answer?

I can play the bird clip with a C2D 3ghz and inbuilt 7150. Sometimes it will drop frames all the way thru but if I stop and start again it plays fine.
I play a lot of bluray and hddvd remuxed to mkv without any problems.
XFX nFORCE 630I, ASUS EN9400gt (512m), Antec Fusion V2 case, E6850 @ 3Ghz, 2GB 800mhz Ram.
Sony KDL52X3100. Integra DTR10.5.
hmmm... right now i'm on a c2d 3ghz and 7150 and have many dropped frames in bird clip... it's an oc E4700 @ 3ghz, the video memory is set at 256MB (on an EVGA 630i-7150 hdmi) and the bird clip goes at something like 20 fps with many audio stutters... still have to try some other hd video Smile
rodalpho Wrote:I've heard some conflicting information on this. Someone (I think Pike?) said that video card capabilities past the base OGL2.0/SM3 do make a difference, just a smallish one. This was in a thread where another poster could play the birds clip on this 3Ghz C2D with an 8500GT while I couldn't on my 3Ghz C2D with a built-in 7150. What's the final answer?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Lin...or_XBMC.3F

Always the last place you look, right? Rolleyes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
That doesn't address the question. My built-in 7150 is fully opengl 2.0 compliant and yet someone else's 8500GT ran the birds clip faster on nearly identical hardware.
Try to set different memory speeds in the bios on your mobo then we will know if it is becus the memoy is taxed
should we maybe make a separate section with your homebuild specs+pics? would be kinda nice..
(and overal score)
please ignore below this line
---------------------
icekiller Wrote:with number

caps maybe?
That would be me that was playing it no problem. Not tried it on a recent build but am watching Transformers now - will try it later and report on current build.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I need a decent build for next to no money...0