Solved Kodi Crashes with PlexKodiConnect on start of movie
Sry, I wasn't around much the last few weeks. I installed the new 18.2 yesterday and so far it works. As long as I don't start a movie... Wink sry, black humour. I haven't tried the work around with the direct paths because I looked into it and for the 10min I had it took me 9 to don't unterstand it so I look into that another time and work with the workaround of starting it until the movie playes. Sry I'm not much of a helping hand...
Thanks for your efforts.

st.
Hello,

Same issue here. Here is my set up : Mac Mini 2018 with Kodi 18.1 64 bits and PKC (version 2.7.14 with Add On path) connected through HDMI on TV.
On start of several files (mainly TV shows but sometimes with movies), either playback isn't starting or Kodi is crashing. File loads properly on other devices with Plex app

So log as example : wecoweqafe.kodi (paste)
Looks like I found a workaround for PlexKodiConnect! Anyone having Kodi crashing on playback start, please try PKC beta 2.7.17
(2019-05-31, 18:25)Croneter Wrote: Looks like I found a workaround for PlexKodiConnect! Anyone having Kodi crashing on playback start, please try PKC beta 2.7.17

Hello Croneter, great news I will give it a try!.
PKC is awesome and what you are doing on it is impressive!
@Croneter Currently I have Version 2.8.0 installed. I just read your post. If the workaround from 2.7.17 is integrated in 2.8.0 it is working for me so far. I send another log if it crashes again. Thank you very very much.
Croneter,

A few days ago I suddenly had a problem where anything I played failed with an error rather than silently failing until I retried enough times to make it work. I saw nothing useful (to me) in the logs, restarted everything to no avail, and then checked this thread because what could it hurt? I saw your post, updated to 2.8.0, AND EVERYTHING JUST WORKS!!!! I was even able to successfully upgrade to Leia! I just wanted to take a minute to thank you, in general for the work you put in to this, and specifically for sticking with this issue. It doesn't appear to have affected too many people, and I (we) really appreciate that you kept it on your radar and found a solution for us. This issue really drove home just how central PKC is to my overall Kodi experince, so like the couple of posters above, I just wanted to say a very, very large THANK YOU for your work. It's enormously appreciated.
Looks like the solve is in post #63 thanks to "Croneter" Question is should I mark this thread 'solved' ?
(2019-06-09, 23:19)PatK Wrote: Looks like the solve is in post #63 thanks to "Croneter" Question is should I mark this thread 'solved' ?

Yes please, Kodi should not crash any longer on playback startup with PlexKodiConnect versions 2.7.17 and later
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Crashes with PlexKodiConnect on start of movie0