• 11(current)
XBMC 11.0 Final is here....
ok thanks Artfael....I started a new thread. Hoping to get some answers.
Wow, guys. Awesome work!

I've been using XBMC for a few years now, which started with just one in my living room running on Windows. I now have 7 dedicated nVidia ION MicroITX boxes running the Live (and soon the new Ubuntu version) edition. I have them all over the house - every bedroom, both living rooms, and both bathrooms (seriously - when I renovated, I had 24" LCDs built into the wall of the shower before the tile went in, just so I could watch movies and TV stuff in the tub - or blast some music or check the weather in the shower in the morning). All of the boxes are fed by the house's server off of a good sized RAID 5 protected array (I'm an IT guy - does it show? *laughs*).

I've converted just about everyone I know into believers, too - not that it was hard. I built a few boxes for those friends that didn't have the skills to do so on their own, and the rest did it themselves.

I've been using the XBMC app on my Android devices, too. I was pleasantly stunned when I clicked on a YouTube link on my phone, and the XBMC app was an option to open it with. I clicked it, and poof - my video showed up on my XBMC, on the big screen. "Holy crap!," I thought. "I didn't even know I wanted that, but I love it!"

You guys do amazing work. I'm a total believer, telling everyone I know to do the same as I did. So much so, I just donated $100 a couple of minutes ago.

Here's to now and the future of XBMC! Cheers!
XBMC Setup: 6 x Zotac ION ITX boxes with SSDs running XBMCbuntu Frodo, 1 x Windows running XBMC Gotham, 1 x Raspberry Pi running Kodi Helix (8 total XBMC / Kodi boxes - One for every room, including the bathrooms!), all talking to a central server with 10TB of double parity RAID protected storage.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Really great job
Thanks guys, Love this version and cant wait to see what the future holds.
congrats to the team! I appreciate your hard work ALLOT! so much thanks to all of your hard work and I think this release just made it so much better. I just love the Eden release. I hope you will continue to do all of this stuff! I am thinking about donating to you guys because I really want to support you guys and if that is with money I wouldn't mind. XBMC has saved me allot of time and money and I just fell in love with it!
Best XBMC yet. Each version is more stable and feature-laden than the last.
Request.
Can I use it to install in Nintendo Wii or Western Digital streaming media player Gen-3 and play ??
Any suggestions??
(2012-07-31, 02:12)mdmm Wrote: Request.
Can I use it to install in Nintendo Wii or Western Digital streaming media player Gen-3 and play ??
Any suggestions??
Wrong forum. This is for announcements only.
Fantastic !!!!

I'm getting all my stuff fixed back up with XBMC[S]
does the final version has HD audio plug-in built-in?
(2012-08-24, 18:20)ajamils Wrote: does the final version has HD audio plug-in built-in?

No.
You would need to use an unsupported HD audio build or take the plunge and go for the monthly snapshot build for XBMC12.0 Frodo. Do we warned these are not considered stable
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-08-24, 18:35)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-08-24, 18:20)ajamils Wrote: does the final version has HD audio plug-in built-in?

No.
You would need to use an unsupported HD audio build or take the plunge and go for the monthly snapshot build for XBMC12.0 Frodo. Do we warned these are not considered stable

I've was running a previous Eden build with HD audio but have a lot of issues with it crashing and completely locking up at various screens (forcing me to do hard restart). I also tried the Frodo alpha4 built and had other issues (like very jerky video playback and lock ups).

So to install this version, should I un-install the other version or can I just run the installer and let it overwrite the files?
(2012-08-24, 18:42)ajamils Wrote:
(2012-08-24, 18:35)Martijn Wrote:

No.

I've was running a previous Eden build with HD audio but have a lot of issues with it crashing and completely locking up at various screens (forcing me to do hard restart). I also tried the Frodo alpha4 built and had other issues (like very jerky video playback and lock ups).

So to install this version, should I un-install the other version or can I just run the installer and let it overwrite the files?

Always make a backup of your userdata folder for starters.
It seems that Frodo alpha 3 is most stable according to most users.

Best would be a clean install however you could just install any version on top of your current one. You may need to update your library if you went from alpha4 to alpha3
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Wrong forum. This is for announcements only. Use General Discussion or General Help and Support instead.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 Final is here....3