Super slow scan of NFS share
Hey all,

I’m having horribly slow scanning of my media over NFS. It takes more than 30min to update my library to add 1 movie!

I have turned off recursive searching, I’m only using local MDO, and am not downloading actor thumbnails.

I can go through the “files” area and browse with no problem. Once the scan is complete everything plays no problem.

I’m hardwired on gigabit network.

1. Version of Kodi. V18.0
2. Windows 7Ultimate SP1
3. Intel Pentium G620T
4. 4GB Ram
5. Detailed Instructions - anytime I update library
6. Details of all devices - having the same problem on my raspberry pi3, and Xbox one S.

Appreciate if anyone has any ideas? I can post the log later tonight if needed.

Thanks!!!
A Debug Log that captures the Update Library. Also it would be easier if you navigate to that 1 movie in Videos>Files and call up the Information page or Context menu>Scan to library.

1. Enable Debugging mode.
    a. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option or
    b. press ctrl-shift-d on a keyboard
  2. Restart Kodi. Do not skip this step or you may be asked to do it again.
  3. Replicate the problem. Now that debug mode is enabled, repeat the steps that cause the problem.
  4. Upload the log using either the:
    a. Manual method to Kodi Paste Site. Log location is detailed here... Log_file/Advanced#Location (wiki) (see next section for more details), or
    b. Add-on method using the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki)
    With either method post the address link in the address bar in a new post in your thread.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Uploaded the log file here:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ogudeleqix.kodi

With regards to my comment about 1 movie, I just meant as an example.  I routinely have a number of TV shows and movies added, so manually adding them 1 at a time doesn't really work for me Smile

The log file shows the scan duration with NO new movies or TV shows added, so it's a bit faster.

Also noticed that I'm on version 17 on my htpc where this log was pulled from.  I'm on v18 on my xbox one s.

Thanks!
We are interested in the Version 18.0 log, and when scraping for new media that might show the elements not working.
Yes, it is very, very slow. There are quite a few different NFS errors but I cannot assist with the NFS issue. Hopefully others will come along to assist.
xml:
CNFSFile::Open: Unable to open file : 'TV_Shows/How It's Made/Season 29/How It's Made - S29E09.nfo' error : 'open call failed with "NFS: ACCESS of /How It's Made/Season 29/How It's Made - S29E09.nfo failed with NFS3ERR_STALE(-5)"'

But you have episodes and tv shows not scanning into the library. The reason for that is here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323588
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I’ll see what I can do about the 18 log. It’s on my Xbox and I’ve never pulled data from their before. That’s why I went to my PC instead, which is having the same issue.

The tv issue is weird. I use sickrage to generate bro data for my shows before updating the library so they *should* have all the info already.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Super slow scan of NFS share0