v18 Crash on skip
Had some free time so updated Kodi but it was apparently a waste of time :/
Skiping forward or backward is very unreliable in the new version, sometimes it works to skip a few seconds by using right/left on the remote but most of the time it results in a 3 second freeze and then it closes down to the desktop.

Not really sure how the log uploader add-on work so hope this log shows the course of events.
http://paste.kodi.tv/sidahefori.kodi
I saw this :->CInputManager::HandleKey: "down (0xf081) pressed, action is Down" around 50 times.... perhaps your remote needs to be remapped? Add-on:Keymap Editor (wiki) and Remote controls (wiki)
Even if I haven't changed a thing since v17 where it worked?
I use a wireless keyboard to the computer and Yatse on my android tablet and phone and this thing happens with all three of them.

But that one might have been me slipping on the keyboard or something so here's a new log where I know what I did Wink
https://paste.kodi.tv/alolatosul.kodi

After using the keyboard to start the movie I first pressed up once (so I had something to skip back) and then did two series of two left to jump back 2x30s and on the last double tap Kodi froze and threw me out to Win desktop.
You might want to pull skin widgets and helper, looks like some timing error. Leia is now 18.1 and developers are hammering bugs everyday.
(2019-02-25, 02:51)PatK Wrote: You might want to pull skin widgets and helper, looks like some timing error. Leia is now 18.1 and developers are hammering bugs everyday.
 What do you mean with "pull skin widgets and helper"?

Tried the latest 18.1 last night but no change so that's why I asked about how to downgrade.
Looks like you have a few suspect add-on service.skin.widgets, plugin.video.cmore and trakit which versions may not be compatible. The last entry is CVideoPlayerVideo::OutputPicture - failed to configure renderer. In this case a bare bones portable install to prove4 out the hardware would suggest a fixable software issue or point back at the hardware and drivers.
Sorry but just as with your last reply this flies miles over my head, but thanks for replying.
I'll just go back to an older version that works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash on skip0