Release service.subtitles.subscene.foreignonly
As I found it to be quite difficult to identify subtitles containing only the foreign parts (forced) and I had to go to subscene to set the ForeignOnly filter, search and download subtitles manually all the time, I adjusted the existing subscene subtitle addon by CrowleyAJ to search for and download only subtitles with the foreign parts.
Original thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=184854

This release does not intend to replace the existing subscene addon and does not add anything to the original addon, but is meant to be installed in addition to it. This way in the subtitle browser, users have the choice of specifically searching for the foreign only parts if there are any or use the main subscene addon to fall back to the full subtitles.

To install:
- download my repository https://github.com/AnonTester/kodi-repo/...-1.0.0.zip
- Kodi → Addons → Addon Browser → Install from zip file → repository.anontester-1.0.0.zip
- Kodi → Addons → Addon Browser → Install from repository → Wuff's Repository → Subtitles → Subscene.com (ForeignOnly) → install
- Then enable it via Add-ons → My Add-ons → Subtitles → Subscene.com (ForeignOnly) → Enable
Got an error message or something not working as it should? Provide a full Debug log (wiki) via paste.kodi.tv
I am so lucky that you decided to post exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much for making this!
Thanks for this.  I've been using it for a couple of weeks now, works great.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad it is helpful to you Smile
Got an error message or something not working as it should? Provide a full Debug log (wiki) via paste.kodi.tv
hi
not work for me!!!
I've updated this for my own use based on the working fork from thuontin in the main subscene thread.
The id is the same as the script here, but the version is bumped from 1.7.2 to 1.7.2.7
@AnonTester - if you'd prefer I change the id let me know - although I don't expect this to last for long.
I've changed 1 line and added another in service.py (based on your original changes).
If anyone wants the zip it's here:
https://github.com/trogggy/trogggy.scrip....7.2.7.zip
@trogggy , apologies for the late reply and thanks for finding the working version. I made some tiny adjustments (changed version number to 1.7.2-7 as kodi doesn't seem to allow three dots in version numbers) and added your version as well as thuongtin's original fixed version to my repo.
No worries, I'm just glad you did it in the first place - and that someone's updating the main addon.
The subscene ForeignOnly version has now been updated to v1.8.1 based on jarmo's fork in the original subscene thread. This makes this addon Kodi19/Python 3 compatible and it's not using google or thuotin as proxy any longer.

Note: Currently, Kodi19 nightlies do not support the vfs-rar addon, therefore, unfortunately, subtitles in rar archives from subscene cannot be extracted and fail.
Updated to v1.8.2 to include a Kodi19/Python 3 fix for tv show search
updated to v1.9.9 (in line with main subscene addon) fixes download issues.
looks great so far, anyway to do it automatically?  The only way I can get it to work is play the file bring up the subtitles dialog then select download and I pick the first file.  (A very soft test, but so far 100% success)
Thanks. Glad it's working for you and is useful. The subtitle addons themselves cannot download automatically, however, there's a built-in Kodi setting you might want to try in Kodi's settings menu Settings->Player->Language->Auto-download first subtitle. You may need to set the Advanced/Expert menu level. Not sure if you can select which subtitle addon should be used for the auto-download. There may be other separate service addons around to auto-download subtitles that might have config options better suited for your needs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
service.subtitles.subscene.foreignonly1