Add location for all media at once
I hope I post this in the right area, but this is not for python,

I'm lazy and have as a bad habit not to "add source" in more than possibly videos. So I often use the filemanager instead to access all the files. But since I'm sure the only source I need for all media(video, pics, music, programs) is the main adress in the network (smb://mypc/), I would like there to be an option when you e.g. set the source in "video", such as a button saying "set source for all media" and, if pressed, the same source-location is there in "pictures" as well.

Hope you understand what I mean.
moved to feature requests
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
If I only had looked on more down Smile sorry for that kraqh3d.
No problem, but this is something that needs to be re-visited. A long long time ago, I added code that allowed the user to "jump" into a location by source name, or path. this is how you can add a folder to the favourites list.

At the time, it was decided that paths should be checked to make sure they were part of a valid source. The "Switch Media" context button also uses the source matching code.

Is this really required anymore? I don't know. Today, I could add a bunch of sources, scan my media, and then remove the sources. But, the items in the library would still work provided the media is accessible. So, why not open up files view to allow the user to arbitrarily open any url?

(I personally get around the issue by just having a "smb://" path as my only source url. It always matches any smb:// url.)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
kraqh3d Wrote:The "Switch Media" context button also uses the source matching code.

Is this really required anymore? I don't know.
Removing that was actually discussed at the XBMC DEV CON, ...no final dicision was made though (yet).
Good. And I'm upset I missed the DEVCON. It looks like a good time was had by all.
Removing what? the "Switch media" button? I was the one that requested the feature, and I use it all the time, so I hope it's not that feature you want to remove.

Btw, where can I read about the dev con? I only see the picture at the front page, I guess there should be some info about it too?
No Smile The Switch Media button with remain. What may be removed is the source validity check.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add location for all media at once0