X264 FPS capped 20.1, Cpu at 50%
My System

Intel D101GGCL Motherboard
3.0 GHZ p4 HT
512 MB 333mhz single channel DDR
160GB SATA
Geforce 6200 PCI graphics card
Ubuntu 7.10

My problem when i try and watch a 720p mkv my frame rate caps at 20.1. while my processor will go from 50-60% average of both CPUs. looking at the system monitor only 250 MB of RAM is being used. Tried XVID 480p and its not capped.

Anybody have any ideas on how to solve the problem?

Cheers
tried another mkv...?
Yeah have tried multiple MKV and MP4 converted from MKV
Try turning off hyperthreading in your BIOS and toggling vsync in XBMC. Also if you aren't using the nvidia drivers from nvidia.com, give em a shot.
Thanks rodalpho

I've tried turning off hyperthreading no difference.
How do you turn off V-sync?
Do you mean installing drivers from the nvidia website as opposed to through the restricted drives option.

Just had a play with resolution went to the lowest and the the FPS pick up

So this maybe a graphics card issue.
Some users have recently posted problems with the latest nvidia drivers (173.14.09?) most current reported to work well is 169.12. I think there is already a similar bug report posted, though using intel gfx on Ubuntu 8.04. Post a FULL Debug Log replicating the problem. Use http://www.pastbin.ca (or similar) please Wink
Right installed the driver through envy. glxgears is working. it wasn't before. still have the same problem i quite new to linux in general how do i go about debugging logging?
can you run glxinfo and see if Direct Rendering is enabled?
I'm fairly certain XBMC would segfault (or at least run at a nearly unusable speed) if direct rendering wasn't enabled.

Try to play with the vsync options in settings > appearance > scree.

Debug log should be /var/tmp/xbmc.log if you're using PPA (or using the "install" make target) if you compile using build.sh xbmc.log should be in your BUILD dir. Don't forget to use http://www.pastebin.ca !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
X264 FPS capped 20.1, Cpu at 50%0