[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] AAC/FLAC/WMV 5.1 pass-through to SP/DIF out: transcode to AC3 5.1
Quote:I would suggest you first learn how to build xbmc from source before doing anything like this.
Yes, it is easy enough though...

Code:
make distclean
patch -p0 < ac3audio.diff
./configure
make

Adjust the configure line to enable/disable options.

And thanks for the support Smile
I am not scared of SVN - Cutting my hands open on the bleeding edge.
Thanks again gnif.
I' am watching every day the progress on the Ticket #6499 about this issue, and must say again a BIG THANKS for your efforts and from the other guys.

Keep up the good work.
Make the Best Media Center software even better.

Thanks
nessus Wrote:Thanks again gnif.
I' am watching every day the progress on the Ticket #6499 about this issue, and must say again a BIG THANKS for your efforts and from the other guys.

Keep up the good work.
Make the Best Media Center software even better.

Thanks

I see this ticket has not been updated for 4 months or so. Is anyone currently working on implementing realtime ac3 encoding atm?

thanks
I also would love to see this.

It's a big bummer after getting a nice bluray rip seeing my receiver only do stereo due to the audio being aac.
well, then blame the idiot that converted the ac3 to aac.
spiff Wrote:well, then blame the idiot that converted the ac3 to aac.

True that... at least it's only 15 min or so to re-encode aac to ac3 and direct stream the video.
Duplicate Message
officeboy Wrote:True that... at least it's only 15 min or so to re-encode aac to ac3 and direct stream the video.

I encoded my entire collection (800+) to x264 with aac 5.1 around a year ago (using MediaPortal as frontend which supports ac3 encoding) and I'll just patiently wait for it here....Big Grin

BTW Keep any eye on this thread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59610

Hopefully soon with directshow support we can use ac3filter and other filters to encode to ac3.....fingers crossed...
officeboy Wrote:True that... at least it's only 15 min or so to re-encode aac to ac3 and direct stream the video.

What tools / procedure do you use for that conversion? Is it documented anywhere?
nalthien Wrote:What tools / procedure do you use for that conversion? Is it documented anywhere?

check out doom9.org for a stard.
pyrates Wrote:check out doom9.org for a stard.

What a pain! Here's the process that I have working for me:

1. Using YAMB, I split the h264 and aac into 2 streams from an mp4
2. Using foobar2000, I convert the aac to WAV
3. Using BeHappy, I convert the WAV to AC3
4. Using mkvmerge, I create an mkv with the h264 and ac3 streams

It takes about 10 minutes from start to finish; but it's such an annoying manual process. Are there any tools that automate this process a bit?
nalthien Wrote:What a pain! Here's the process that I have working for me:

1. Using YAMB, I split the h264 and aac into 2 streams from an mp4
2. Using foobar2000, I convert the aac to WAV
3. Using BeHappy, I convert the WAV to AC3
4. Using mkvmerge, I create an mkv with the h264 and ac3 streams

It takes about 10 minutes from start to finish; but it's such an annoying manual process. Are there any tools that automate this process a bit?

Megui can do all this in one step. It can input the mkv/mp4 directly, unmux the aac stream, reencode it to ac3 and then automatically remux it. You can also setup batch jobs to encode your entire collection.
it looks like the ticket now has a pending status instead of v9.11
I sure hope this gets worked on. In the mean time, I'm stuck using plex wich is able to transcode aac to ac3
wow, thats gr8 news,
cheers 4 the updates, keep us posted

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] AAC/FLAC/WMV 5.1 pass-through to SP/DIF out: transcode to AC3 5.11