Original xbox remote works?
Hello all,

I have a USB IR receiver hooked up to my HTPC - just wondering what I need to do in order to get my xbox DVD remote to work with XBMC?

I also have a MCE remote, but I figured the other setup worked well under my xbox, so it might be easier just to use that instead.

Possible?

-- Phob
I found this by searching here for "remote": http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=32037
cheers,

crazyivan
Thanks for that - I actually saw it before, but I guess I was wondering if you could use the original xbox remote with the MCE receiver. I don't really want to hack apart the dongle as I still use the xbox from time to time.
I know the xbox remote is similar to an RCA-brand remote. If I remember correctly, the MCE remote works by emulating keypresses in Windows. So, it would just be a matter of using the xbox remote and seeing what the IR receiver on the PC sees, and then setting the appropriate keypresses. Most likely you're looking at another piece of software to manage this.
You could use EventGhost to interpret the IR buttons and translate them to keyboard controls for XBMC. That's what I do using my TV remote.
kricker Wrote:You could use EventGhost to interpret the IR buttons and translate them to keyboard controls for XBMC. That's what I do using my TV remote.

Am I correct in interpreting this as your having an XBMC plugin for EventGhost? If so, is there any chance you might be able to share it, privately if not publicly?

Thanks in advance.
ORIGINAL REMOTE CONTROLE XBOX for XBMC PC.
Remote control for xbmcpc : REMOTEXBMC 1.5 drivers include + news Keymap.xml.

Download Here

**** NEWS VERSION UPDATE ****
Mousse control for Windows - Hide/Show/close xbmc - Shutdown/hibernate - Code control included in the readme.
Option: hide/show/close/shutdown/hibernate
Working 100% windows XP for the other version i dont no.
Thank for your comment.

Tuto:
IRDA connection : source1. Source2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Telecommande OFFICIEL xbox sur votre pc en montage IRDA usb pour le control de XBMC version pc SDL/OPENGL + option souris pour windows.
Version 1.5 compatible Windows 98/Me,Windows 2000/XP .Les drivers usb irda sont inclus dans le repertoire d'instalation.
I used one of these in addition to mode2006's drivers.

http://www.videogameaction.com/nxxb-010.html

Great way to transition over to XBMC for Windows.
mode2006 Wrote:ORIGINAL REMOTE CONTROLE XBOX for XBMC PC.
Remote control for xbmcpc : REMOTEXBMC 1.5 drivers include + news Keymap.xml.

Download Here

**** NEWS VERSION UPDATE ****
Mousse control for Windows - Hide/Show/close xbmc - Shutdown/hibernate - Code control included in the readme.
Option: hide/show/close/shutdown/hibernate
Working 100% windows XP for the other version i dont no.
Thank for your comment.

Tuto:
IRDA connection : source1. Source2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Telecommande OFFICIEL xbox sur votre pc en montage IRDA usb pour le control de XBMC version pc SDL/OPENGL + option souris pour windows.
Version 1.5 compatible Windows 98/Me,Windows 2000/XP .Les drivers usb irda sont inclus dans le repertoire d'instalation.

My IR wart finds two devices when I connect it to the PC it installs your driver but then windows cannot find the driver for the other USB device. I also get a .oc error when I try to start remote xbmc.

rgds,

Dave
The drivers are in the folder following the install. *.inf and *.sys
User Interface Devices (HID):
- Ons conform to the user interface devices (HID)
- XBCB Xbox Remote Control

Windows detects a USB component, but as the drivers are installed and supported, it does not matter.

Other devices:
- USB Device
the new version did not need. ocx
I dwnled the latest version from here on the link and installed as per but it still required ocx. I just found the file online and placed it in my system32 dir and then registered the file and then it booted up and ran fine.

ad for *.sys driver I point windows to the xbremote dir and it says it cannot install that driver, but does not give the not approved for win xp popup with continue anyway. However it does find the *.inf and sets that up and it is now working fine.

rgds,

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Original xbox remote works?0