How can we Help??
Just curious since XBMC for windows is still in alpha/beta stage and is way behind Linux Sad how can we as users help to catch it up? I can help beta testing but where do you provide feedbacks?

ALSO?? Since we're here, what would be the best remote solution? I plan on getting a remote for my HTPC, which one works well with XBMC?

What about this:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mousea...px?pid=065
as far as i know they aren't accepting bug reports yet... seeing as the windows version is basicly the 'skin' machine with some stuff that works now..
I have several systems, let me know if you want code coverage across these systems.

A) AMD64 (2ghz) X2 - nForce4 - nVidia 6150 Video - 1gb ram
B) AMD64 (2.2ghz) X2 - nForce4 - nVidia 6150 Video - 1gb ram
C) AMD64 (2ghz) X2 - nForce4 - nVidia 7600 - 2gb ram
D) Intel32 Celeron 2.4ghz - Compaq Laptop - ATI IGP 340m - 768mb ram
E) AMD32 (1.8ghz) - nForce2 - ATI 9600 AGP - 768mb ram.

Most systems idle crunching Folding@Hold units.
icekiller Wrote:as far as i know they aren't accepting bug reports yet... seeing as the windows version is basicly the 'skin' machine with some stuff that works now..

I have to disagree with you there. The old DX port (xbmc_pc.exe) was a skin machine.. But the new SDL port (xbmc.exe) is a full blown port of the linux bransh.

Streaming, Video, Music, Plugins, Python everything is more or less already working.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
We're still sorting out which bug tracking system to use. Once settled I would like to get also bug reports for the windows version even when it's still alpha.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
davidw89 Wrote:how can we as users help to catch it up?
You can always try to find/attact more developers for the project, if you happen you know a C++ programmer, or have a friend of a friend who is knows one, ...demo XBMC for them an try to lobby them to get involved.

As XBMC is a cross-platform software it does not have to be for Win32 they help with either, any improvements make to the Linux and Mac OS X ports of XBMC also benifit XBMC for Windows, and vice versa.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can we Help??0