Keep a submenu from closing onclick?
I'm adding an eject/load button to my shutdown submenu on PM3(DialogButtonMenu.xml) and I was wondering if there was a command that would let the submenu stay open after I clicked the eject button instead of returning to the home screen.

This is the control I'm currently using and it works perfectly aside from this issue.

Code:
<control type="button" id="3110">
<description>Eject button</description>
<visible>System.LoggedOn</visible>
<posx>240</posx>
<posy>5</posy>
<width>60</width>
<height>65</height>
<texturefocus>sub-eject-focus.gif</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>sub-eject-nofocus.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>XBMC.EjectTray()</onclick>
<pulseonselect>no</pulseonselect>
<onleft>3112</onleft>
<onright>3114</onright>
<onup>3110</onup>
<ondown>3110</ondown>
<font>-</font>
<label>13391</label>
</control>
Yeah - make it a normal dialog rather than a buttonmenu.

You may actually need to add a new dialog in fact - not sure.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl today.
Nope, no dice. Changing the type to a dialog produces exactly the same results, and trying to add a new dialog didn't work at all.

I might have the new dialog process wrong though. I copied the dialog I was working with and changed the id from 111 to 120688381(just a random unique number) and saved it as "custom120688381.xml"

Switching the link in Home.xml from "ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)" to "ActivateWindow(custom120688381)" didn't work, nor did "ActivateWindow(120688381), ActivateWindow(custom120688381.xml), XBMC.ActivateWindow(120688381), XBMC.ActivateWindow(custom120688381.xml)"

I apparently get no custom window loving and the wiki entry on adding custom dialogs was very brief.
Yeah - it'd need to be a new dialog using the custom window stuff.

Then it should work fine. Perhaps you could model it on the other custom windows (skin settings for instance)?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keep a submenu from closing onclick?0