• 7(current)
Video stretched on Phillips TV after update
(2020-02-10, 15:56)fritsch Wrote: https://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/Android-ARM/16757/

Hello,
im getting >> HTTP ERROR 404 Not Found

Where can i get the right KODi version which fix the aspect ratio problem on Phillips TV (in my case its 58pus7304) ?
Thanks
Every Leia nightly, every Matrix nightly has that fix incorporated: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm/Leia/ use the one from today.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-02-23, 14:23)fritsch Wrote: Every Leia nightly, every Matrix nightly has that fix incorporated: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm/Leia/ use the one from today.

Thank you!
(2020-02-09, 20:02)cerarp Wrote: Good news.

Found the problem and fixed it.
Now I have to figure out how to create a pull request on github and read the kodi guidelines for doing so.

For any other developer facing this issue here is the solution:

Philips Android 9 MediaCodec implementation requires that on MediaFormat used to configure the codec you set not only the KEY_WIDTH and KEY_HEIGHT but also the KEY_MAX_WIDTH and KEY_MAX_HEIGHT parameters.
Great work, man.
As feared, this caused a heavy regression for some Philips TVs (yes) and our usual suspects Sony TVs ...

So then: Which video formats were affected here. Only H264 or every format on this planet?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-03-21, 18:39)fritsch Wrote: As feared, this caused a heavy regression for some Philips TVs (yes) and our usual suspects Sony TVs ...

So then: Which video formats were affected here. Only H264 or every format on this planet?

@fritsch looked over my collection and most, when not all movies have the resoltion 1920 x 1080 but buffer size 1920 x 1088 (checked with vlc).
These movies was all self ripped with makemkv and converted to h265 with xmediarecode.
VLC, Windows movies, MPC-BE, Kodi <= 18.5 are playing those movies correctly.
@popy if you have a Philips 8102 with Android 8, you should also suffer from the aspect ratio problem.
The thing is, it only happens with videos that have an aspect ratio about 2.35:1. And also nobody in this thread has mentioned it, i think they are all talking about cropped videos. So something like 1920 x 800 or the like.
If you've ripped all your movies with black bars, you will never see the problem because they are always 16:9.
@puenktchen yes i have an 8102 and 9104, each with android 8.
Until now i did'nt noticed that aspect ratio issue, i think as you mentioned, i have ripped those without cropping the black bars and on most of my self ripped videos my aspect ratio is 16:9.

@fritsch would'nt it be an "workaround" to add those optional arguments to the decoder when the aspect ratio is'nt 16:9 ?

@Tobby and all others: can you please provide some more details on which videos you had the aspect ratio issues (codec, resolution, ...)

pOpY
No. Makes no sense. Aspect Ratio can change on the fly - LiveTV.
(2020-03-23, 16:47)fritsch Wrote: No. Makes no sense. Aspect Ratio can change on the fly - LiveTV.

ah yeah, live TV.
I had an IPTV directshow project on my work where we constantly monitored the resolution and or aspect ratio and did some dirty hacks to prevent wrong aspect ratio.
I'll know such hacks are not how kodi development works and not wanted, but sometimes they you can't live without them  Angel

pOpY
(2020-03-23, 16:17)popy Wrote: @Tobby and all others: can you please provide some more details on which videos you had the aspect ratio issues (codec, resolution, ...)

I no longer use Kodi on my TV, but after reinstalling it and testing it the aspect ratio now works as expected so I can't do any further testing with the version from the Play Store.

However the only common denomonator I found when this plagued my every day life was that everything wider than 16:9 was warped while 16:9, 4:3 and everything in between worked well.

And yes @puenktchen, I do mean cropped videos. Thought it was obvious when I wrote my original post, but it may be worth pointing out.
Which version did you installed that now works fine?
(2020-03-24, 18:05)fritsch Wrote: Which version did you installed that now works fine?

Assumed it was the fix you were speaking of.
That means, this version is broken for you: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

Just to find out, we are talking about the same issue. Thanks for your help.
(2020-03-24, 19:55)fritsch Wrote: That means, this version is broken for you: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

Just to find out, we are talking about the same issue. Thanks for your help.

It's getting late where I'm living, but I'll try it out tomorrow.

No problem. Smile
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stretched on Phillips TV after update1