Can't compile 2.1 alpha 2
I "checked out" all the code in the 2.1 alpha 2 branch (here's the location I used with SVN https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...idate/XBMC) and I'm trying to compile it. I have all the packages etc. installed, did the ./configure thing and when I run make I get errors in the langinfo.h file starting in line 9 and a whole bunch more on the other lines. Does that branch not compile? Here's what I'm trying to do and maybe someone can give me an idea of how to do it differently ...

I would like to install the 2.1 alpha 2 however, I need to modify one of the source files to fix the ATI bug discussed in another thread. Any other way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Harry
I forgot to add, I'm doing this while running the Ubuntu Live CD cause I don't wanna install all the extra packages, etc on my main machine. This way I'm hoping to simply compile the code while running the Live CD and copy it over. Btw, the code is located on a USB Key since it's so large. And I still have lots of space free while running the Live CD so it's not a space issue ... at least I don't think it is.

Thanks,
Harry
Here's a quick blurb of the errors ...

../xbmc/langinfo.h:9: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘&’ token
../xbmc/langinfo.h:11: error: ‘CStdString’ does not name a type
../xbmc/langinfo.h:12: error: ‘CStdString’ does not name a type
../xbmc/langinfo.h:14: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘&’ token
../xbmc/langinfo.h:15: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘&’ token
../xbmc/langinfo.h:16: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘&’ token
../xbmc/langinfo.h:17: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘&’ token
../xbmc/langinfo.h:21: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘&’ token
../xbmc/langinfo.h:30: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘&’ token
../xbmc/langinfo.h:31: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘&’ token
../xbmc/langinfo.h:45: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘&’ token
../xbmc/langinfo.h:65: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘&’ token
Can you do a make clean then recompile and pipe all the output to a file and put it up on a paste service like pastebin.ca? Your "blurb" isn't really enough.

BTW my XBMC dir with object files is at 1.2GB so if you're using a 1gb stick this could be an issue.

Any reason you aren't using current SVN? What you're building is months old.
I'm using a 2GB stick so the space should be fine. I'll try to do what you suggest about getting the whole output. Btw, I get these errors on the first file it tries to compile so the output will be quite short, maybe tripple what I posted already.

Also, I'm under the impression that the 2.1 Alpha 2 is considered more stable than the daily SVN builds ... hence the reason why I was planning on doing what I'm doing using that build ... please correct my impression if it's wrong.

Thanks,
Harry
it's probably less stable if anything. it is just a snapshot taken at a rather arbitrary point. requirement was 'no known showstoppers'
Oh, in that case I might as well use the latest SVN ... or are there any "known showstoppers" in the latest SVN?

Thanks,
Harry
Well for me at least, seeking in WMV files has been broken for the past couple of weeks.
Current SVN crashes a lot for me when caching thumbnails (as mentioned in another thread). Not exactly a "showstopper" bug since if I keep running it, it will eventually cache all the thumbnails successfully and then stop crashing, but annoying enough that I wish I had kept a backup of my build from about a month ago when this didn't happen (the old build had a couple of issues but none that I hit regularly that would result in a full app crash).
in any case the branch built just fine here so it is definitely your setup
You can revert to an old SVN build, you know. Just do

svn up -r build#

then build normally.
I was having issues building from SVN the last three days, blowing it away and redoing the SVN fixed this. Only issue I see with current build is DVD from SMB are broken again Sad Watching an HD rip of Transformers right now - sweet 5.1 and a damned nice picture using H.264...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't compile 2.1 alpha 20