• 3(current)
Release Kayo Sports (Australia)
Not sure what happened today after iptv merge update none of the channel's are working it asks for quality and then nothing it's happening across all plug-ins

Like this it shows playing but no sound or video
Not sure what happened but after switiching to dstv now everything is working
Hi Matt,

Experiencing an issue with Kayo where streams open and play fine initially. But then after a day or so - unsure of exact time frame - when I select a stream to open and play, nothing happens. There is no error displayed.
The only thing I've found that resolves this is a reboot of my Vero4k. After a reboot it works perfectly fine and streams open and play normally.

I am in Melbourne, Australia, so definitely have an Australian IP. Haven't been able to get a set of debug logs as the issue resolves after a reboot...

Any ideas?
after a reboot, the previous log is still there.
It's called "kodi.old.log"
Will need a log as haven't heard this issue from anyone else.
(2021-01-20, 00:43)matthuisman Wrote: after a reboot, the previous log is still there.
It's called "kodi.old.log"
Will need a log as haven't heard this issue from anyone else.
So it is.
Thanks for reminding me of that. Here is the output of my kodi.old.log
ucomurumec.kodi (paste)

At the end there are errors related to attempting to open a stream... Hope it helps, but let me know if I can provide anything else or help in anyway.
There are other errors associated with Kayo throughout the log above. But I'm not sure what they all mean..
hmm, something not right.

your getting a bunch of socket errors.
http errors /  failing / timeouts
weird plugin paths (plugin://plugin.video.kayo.sports/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO?_=sport&slug=cricket&title=Cricket, plugin://plugin.video.kayo.sports/BDMV/index.bdmv?_=sport&slug=cricket&title=Cricket) that are not in the add-on at all....
ERROR: IAddonInstanceHandler::CreateInstance: inputstream.adaptive returned bad status "Permanent failure" during instance creation
(2021-01-20, 01:42)matthuisman Wrote: hmm, something not right.
Able to try a fresh OSMC install?
Yeah, something is not right  Wink .
Ahh, when you say fresh OSMC install, do you mean:
  1. Remove and re-install the slyguy repo and associated addons?
  2. Or a complete OSMC re-install?
If you mean #2, I'd rather not as it will take awhile to set everything up again... But will do so if it is required.
To me, it looks like your network / internet on the Vero4k is dying after a while..
Is it connected via WiFi or Ethernet?

When Kayo stops working, do any other add-ons still work that require internet / network?
Hmm I also saw that for my pvr addon.

It is connected via ethernet through Powerline adapters (Ethernet over Power) as I don't have an ethernet port behind my TV.
Maybe that is causing/contributing to it...
(2021-01-20, 02:05)matthuisman Wrote: When Kayo stops working, do any other add-ons still work that require internet / network?
I don't access a lot of things externally on my Vero - just really Kayo. The majority of things I access is through my NAS on my LAN.
I haven't noticed any dropouts or issues when connecting to that....
next time it happens, while still in that "failed" state before the reboot - please try ABC and PVR etc.
(2021-01-20, 01:42)matthuisman Wrote: hmm, something not right.

your getting a bunch of socket errors.
http errors /  failing / timeouts
weird plugin paths (plugin://plugin.video.kayo.sports/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO?_=sport&slug=cricket&title=Cricket, plugin://plugin.video.kayo.sports/BDMV/index.bdmv?_=sport&slug=cricket&title=Cricket) that are not in the add-on at all....
ERROR: IAddonInstanceHandler::CreateInstance: inputstream.adaptive returned bad status "Permanent failure" during instance creation
Do you think a fresh install of the repository and addon might help?
(2021-01-20, 02:58)matthuisman Wrote: next time it happens, while still in that "failed" state before the reboot - please try ABC and PVR etc.
Certainly! Will do.
(2021-01-20, 03:07)wolf7250 Wrote: Do you think a fresh install of the repository and addon might help?
95% sure it isn't an add-on issue.
You can do that if you like, but pretty sure it won't help.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kayo Sports (Australia)0