TY and TMF - TiVo file container format support in XBMC's DVDPlayer?
Is it possible to allow XBMC (Linux/Win32) to use an outside Video player (such as Mplayer)? This would solve the codec problem no?
not at the moment.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sjhotz Wrote:Is it possible to allow XBMC (Linux/Win32) to use an outside Video player (such as Mplayer)?
Only if you are a C++ programmer yourself, meaning there is no support for that now (nor planned by Team-XBMC).

There is a hack available here, but it will not be added to the SVN as is:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=581840
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
So, I gather that the idea is to make DVDPlayer the primo player for XBMC (or any HT platform for that matter), and thus obviate the need for another player to be loaded?

If that is the case, are there plans in the works for DVDPlayer to be able to load external DLLs like Mplayer can now, in order to get QT/Sorensen support, RealMedia support, etc?

DVDPlayer already runs circles around mplayer on some of the h.264 content I've got on my Xbox (like the Apple MacBook Air promo video, and the iPhone promo video). Almost no stutter on DVDPlayer, and completely unwatchable on mplayer.

-Wes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TY and TMF - TiVo file container format support in XBMC's DVDPlayer?0